One Drop YoYos Official News

Gaht damn missed the piano. Got a firebird instead. As expected the white ones sold out quick!

2 Likes

midnight secured

2 Likes

hard to dye a black one, lol.

1 Like

I hadnt even thought of that! I just figured people prefer that classic white delrin look😂

Looks like the axle system is based on “Cabal Guts” and not usual side-effects ?

2 Likes

100% its Cabal Guts. These are not Side Effects and are not meant to be taken out.

8 Likes

The Chico Mint has been calling me all day asking if Perry is going to get him :grin:

2 Likes

Bummed I missed this. Love OD and love Delrin.
I managed to get it, just in the all black color way. That black and green was so cleannn.

1 Like

I forgot to check and see how long it took them to sell out. Usually I go back and take a look to see if they’re flying off the shelves or not.

I was psyched to get one, as I’ve been eyeing them ever since OD began posting teasers. I’m especially thrilled as it’s due to be delivered right around my birthday - what a great present!

5 Likes

I think Piano, Cucumber and Snow & Ice were gone in under 10 min and the black options were around for a few hours.

5 Likes

Will there be a version with stainless-steel rings?

Second Cabal Gen 2 run mentioned on IG:

https://www.instagram.com/p/C696pObtdSD

15 Likes

Same I thought it was going to be one of the first to sell out. I waffled back and forth between the ice and mint. And ultimately decided on Chico Mint because the Ice sold out while I was adding it to the cart haha!

2 Likes

Titanium SEs on Flickr: Titanium Side Effects | One Drop YoYos | Flickr
53733963377_636de73a47_z

21 Likes

yooooo, gonna scoop up a bunch hopefully lol

1 Like

Yeah. I’m curious how these fit into the range, weight wise. But I’m going buy every version they will sell to me.

3 Likes

i mostly want them for the aesthetics of my ti SE yoyo, the clear alu doesnt match and its always bugged me LOL

3 Likes

I’m not sure if it would be a good idea to put titanium side effects on a titanium yo-yo. Titanium on titanium under tight tolerances tends to lead to fusing of the material.

4 Likes

Make sure to lubricate/anti-seize those tapers!

5 Likes

There are concerns with Ti in metal-on-metal assemblies, but I have used products like this on many combinations of titanium bicycle components, including press fits, tiny bolts and very high-torque threaded interfaces.

OD already recommends their V4M for SE tapers.

And I am pretty sure that stainless axles should not technically be dry assembled, but I have never seen any kind lubricant used (in yo-yo assembly).

3 Likes