One Drop Top Deck restock

Yes, I have the Virtuoso. It is another very good, very comfortable One Drop yoyo. I would not put it in the same performance category as the VTWO or the Top Deck though. And no, I do not believe One Drop will make any more Top Decks.

3 Likes

Why not? I am glad I stocked up!

That is so sad to hear. I really want a top deck.

At this point the Top Deck is a 4.5 year old product. They’ve done multiple runs of it already, and I suspect that if you asked them about it they’d say there isn’t really enough demand to warrant another. Besides, I think One Drop would much rather spend their production budget on new yoyo designs.

1 Like

Keep an eye on the BST, they pop up often enough if you’re persistent. The Rev 1 is a good alternative if you can’t find a Top Deck.

3 Likes

Do you happen to own a Dang 2? I just want to know how does the Dang 2 compare to the top deck because I own a Dang 2, so I can have a better idea of what Top Deck performs like.

What about the dang 2?

1 Like

I do have a Dang 2, and in my experience, it doesn’t have nearly the spin time or stability of the Top Deck or the VTWO (or the Rev.1 or the Format:C). However, there may be some competition styles that it is well suited to; I just wouldn’t say that the current meta is exactly Dang 2-friendly.

2 Likes

Dang 2 is pretty powerful and kind of a ‘balanced’ throw. Doesn’t really stand out as a competition choice to me, but does resonate with some. Plays well, but not quite the same competition caliber as the VTWO, Virtuoso, or Top Deck. Also finish on Dang 2 can be quite sticky and it doesn’t fingerspin well at all.

The OG Dang 1 however is quite an excellent and unique pocket friendly throw though.

Yeah I feel like although Dang 2 has some stability, but it’t not super fast and powerful, and the hitzone is just ok. I feel like it’s more a jack of all trade, master of nothing.

In most cases companies do not restock or reissue a given model, especially in this day and age where small batch runs of a given niche model are the norm. They prefer to move on to the next flavor of the day. Just my opinion observing the current market over the last few years. In years past companies like YoyoJam, Duncan, Spintastics, HSPIN etc produced models that were mainstay products on the market for years. YYF used to do the same to some degree. But the trend now is small batch signature models for current phenom players, then move on. The epitome of planned obsolescence (and marketing 101).

6 Likes

That kinda sucks for me. Guess I have to settle on a color I don’t really like just so I can have a top deck.

You’ll be getting a yoyo you will end up liking so much that you do not care about the color.

5 Likes

That’s so true, when the throw is good and you connect with it, the color is secondary, you just shouldn’t hate it, and in the end, it’s all good.

2 Likes

I only see Top Decks come up on BSTs a couple times a year. But I agree they are worth the wait.

I will also add that even a dinged up Top Deck is worth getting. I’ve bought dinged up Top Decks from BSTs in the past to use as EDCs and they are worth every penny I spent.

3 Likes

The photo I found on another store is quite blurry, so I actually found a photo from one drop that presents the color more accurately. The color that’s available is the one on the left, and I am honestly kind of ok with it. I haven’t heard back from One Drop whether they are going to make another run of top deck or not, but if they won’t, I will just buy that color.
I actually just bought a black VTWO yesterday(only one left), do you think I should get both VTWO and top deck, or just the top deck itself? (considering VTWO might be sold out in a couple months as well). Do they play differently enough to worth buying both?
Imgur

1 Like

I am a big fan of both the VTWO and the Top Deck. I have several of both, so obviously I believe having both is a great idea. But you might not agree. Try them both and then decide if you feel both are worth keeping. They play very similarly but they feel different in the hand.

Does yoyoexpert allow returns on opened products? I think their policies say that they only give refunds/returns on unopened items within 20 days.

Yeah, unfortunately there is no way to “try before you buy”; you have to “buy it to try it” and then sell it (or trade it) on a BST if you don’t like it.

There are those rare instances where someone initiates a “try it” chain, like was done recently for the TopYo Silenus, but you can’t generally count on those to help you out.

1 Like

I see, I just received an email from one drop saying that they currently don’t have any future plans of making another run of the top deck. So I got the top deck with downbeat color from another store.

3 Likes