One Drop questions

Hey guys
I had a few questions about one drop.

First: whats better, the legendarian or the og terrarian? The og one just restocked, and I didn’t know how much better the new one is, and if it was worth looking for one and if it was worth the extra ten bucks. Also how do both of these play? I’ve always been a huge terraria fan and it would be nice to know your thoughts and opinions about either of them

Secondly: what do the different side effects do? I know they’re different weights, but I don’t know a lot about modding and what different weights in different areas of the yoyo affect play in different ways. Is it just the weight affecting play? Or is it the shape too, even if they were the same weight?

Finally: what OD yoyo would you recommend? I don’t know a lot about any, but I would want something affordable, unresponsive, that has SE so I can experiment with those, and preferably on yye, but I don’t care that much if it’s not available here

Thanks to anyone who helps answer my questions!!

7 Likes

In my experience, every one drop I’ve tried has been tops. I think the still rollin’ vibes with me the least. My favorites, that I’ve tried, are pano/diorama and the parlay. Other great side effects throws that are made by other companies are the static co sudo, dreamcraft asora 2, and mk1/Turner return tops bathysphere.

Haven’t tried either terrarian so I can’t speak to that. The game is fun. I imagine the yoyo is even more fun.

Side effects just change center weight for the most part. Some effects offer other benefits such as stunt pegs (improbable to find) and rice stacks (yoyospirit can make these).

6 Likes

Yo I just want to say that if you lube the O rings like one drop says to do, you can’t strip a side effects Yoyo. That is like really cool to me and innovative. I’m still salty I stripped my first unresponsive Yoyo :sob:

6 Likes

Also if you somehow do strip a side effect. You just replace the side effect ($14.00) verse a new yoyo.

6 Likes

I wouldn’t say Legendary is better, just different. If you like light and fast go Legendary. If you like a bit more heft go with the OG. Personally, I like Legendary with flat caps. A legendary with a few side effects is a good start I’d say. Maybe Ultra lights, Flat Caps, and a set of brass.

7 Likes

Skip the terrarian all together and try Rebirth!

The SE are brilliant in that they let you change the feeling of play through micro changes in weight. That and you can aesthetically match things up with different colors and shapes. Its a super fun endeavor.

YYE has a bunch of OD avail right now…

4 Likes

If you can get your hands on the reboot thats great otherwise the kamuraiju is also really great!

5 Likes

parlay is a good one, panorama as mentioned, and i like the nitro

5 Likes

I need to try a nitro. I have an intro and it’s pretty okay. Not quite what I was hoping. I think nitro is probably where it’s at.

5 Likes

Looks like 1 left and the Reboot is awesome, throw a couple SE’s in there too, I like spikes and ultra lights on it

4 Likes

I like Intro better than Nitro. Intro is actually 1 of my top 5. Such a great no frills yo-yo.

Edit. Keep in mind, my top 5 has 10-15 yo-yos in it. lol.

7 Likes

I think terrarian is a great choice! Literally capable of everything.

I would recommend the Kamuraiju if you have smaller hands.

1 Like

Hahaha :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Ain’t that the truth!

2 Likes

The reboot looks really similar to the rebirth, what’s the difference?

1 Like

Projection grooves in the outer cup and 3 grams lighter I think, I haven’t tried the rebirth but I usually prefer lighter throws so I would more than like end up liking the reboot more anyway

1 Like

Reboot is literally a reboot of the Rebirth. 7075 instead of 6061 aluminum with design changes to take advantage of the higher density material, creating a lighter yo-yo with a updated weight distribution. Plus some aesthetic changes to differentiate.

Same relationship between the Legendary Terrarian and Terrarian (and Nitro/Intro, Diorama/Panorama).

I would pick any OD that is available and has an appealing shape, plus SE if you want. The “best” one is going to be pretty personal.

5 Likes

Some good recommendations. I love my Diorama, but take in consideration that the Panorama and Diorama are narrow, high-walled yoyos, so they will be a little more challenging compared to most modern yoyos.

2 Likes

I say get the terrarian og. They just made a new version of the og which is what got restocked recently. My first one drop ever was a terrarian and it was a fantastic choice tht I would do again if given the option. And just my personal opinion but I’d also suggest that anytime your considering getting a certain version of a Yoyo, for example the og or the legendary, or the rebirth and reboot. If you’re a beginner I say always go with the og or first version. Then if u like that snag the updated version later. There’s a lot of opinions and different reasons people will give on this topic but mine is simple. I think it’s coolcuz it makes u appreciate the difference more when u experience it in the order it was released bu. Like I think you’re more likely to buy the legendary if u end up liking the og but I doubt you’ll wanna buy the og if u get the legendary first even if u end up liking it. That’s just me.

4 Likes

Not confusing at all

Thanks everyone for your advice! I think I’m leaning towards the terrarian

4 Likes

Like most people have said - the Legendary Terrarian is just a supped up revision of the Terrarian. That’s not to say it’s better, just a different flavor. An important thing to note is that the OG Terrarian is made of 6061 aluminum, and the Legendary is made of 7075 aluminum. They have some different properties, but you can think of 7075 as generally stronger and a bit more dense. I believe this allows manufacturers to push slightly more extreme weight distributions in their designs. Again, not necessarily better, but allows for a different feel.

With regards to side effects - I haven’t experimented with them tooooo much, I tend to use my throws as they come. However, generally speaking, as I understand it, the more rim weighted a yoyo is, the more stable and heavy the yoyo will feel. The more center weighted a yoyo is, the more unstable and lighter the yoyo will feel.

Swapping side effects would theoretically change the relationship between center weight vs rim weight, and change the feel of the yoyo accordingly.

I’m not a designer by any means, so someone please feel free to correct me if I’m mistaken. :+1:t2:

3 Likes