New Onedrop prototype "Yelets"

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8372/8407043000_8e3833a3d8.jpg
Yelets Proto by onedropdesign, on Flickr

Just recently posted on the Onedrop flickr account, this appears to be a new yoyo in the works that has been in prototyping stages right now. The name so far is “Yelets” (pronounced “yell-its”). This is a new side effect yoyo as you can already notice.

Looks pretty neat! More information will be revealed through the owners of Onedrop sometime in the future.

Get excited! Lots of stuff to be seen from Onedrop for 2013! Its going to be a great year!

Thought I would share this will you all. :slight_smile:

Wonder how that bad boy looks with spikes. :o

Neat!

Looks like the next brother to the dang and code

Must have for me :smiley:

I like that One Drop is finally changing up the hubs on their side effect models. Pretty sure the Dang prototype resembled it too.

EDIT: Yup. It did.

Looks interesting for sure. I love the look of the hub on that… We will see how close this is to the production run… One Drop has been known to really tweek their proto’s to get the very best out of them… Part of the reason their yoyo’s are just soooo timeless… Just one fellas opinion though. Good to see new One Drop though!!!

Yay, David said that they were working on something new. Should be good.

It is hard to get a feel for the size of this. I wish the Code1 was next to it rather than in the background. It would give a good relative comparison to the casual observer.

I hope that this yoyo is a departure from what has become a repetitive lineup as of late. I have been hoping for a yoyo with some rim-weight and this one looks like a start; although I am apprehensive of all the rounded edges and ribby-looking things (why?). Another area where I have been disappointed has been weight. I do hope that this throw has some heft to it. None of these 56mm 64g butterflies please.

Nice! Looks like some interesting things going on in the cups.

I have been wanting more 1drop yoyos, and tmbr yoyos. Need to rep oregon. :slight_smile:
Got my first 1drop in years coming my way this week. this one looks fun. maybe I will buy it when it comes out.

This looks exciting. I like the looks of the added mass near the side effects.
I can’t really tell at all, but, I hope this is of the larger (diameter) and skinnier (width) variety.

I look forward to getting my hands on one of these in about 6 months… Yelets is teasing me.

That’s a Dang.

Have you tried a Burnside?

1 Like

Feeling the love :slight_smile:

I love seeing new onedrops. price range on this?

1 drop doesn’t really dv888 from the $100 price range for their side-effect yo-yos.

I’m going to make a prediction that “yelets” is an anagram for “steely”. They might just sell it raw. Any other thoughts on this peculiar name?

I see what you did there…

badumtss

Haha. Yoyo pun.

I was waiting to buy the next thing onedrop produces and this definately looks cool.

Yelets backwards is Steley. It’s a Graeme Stellar Signature throw

Steley for Stellar.

My best guess

WOW that was smart haha