One Drop Love!

Looks like Markmont Classic

Yep heā€™s got the whole markmont collection. I think itā€™d be really nice if he had all 4 of them in nickel though :slight_smile:

Sweet. Adding that to the list.
Rocking a vanguard at the moment

Best stuff ever!!!

2 Likes

Dude. Those are some sick purples

Fourth one (green and purple) on the top? Is that a Markmont classic?

Yes with different side effects

Thanks again

Suree is!! With Flat Caps!

I did! Had a nickel collectors edition Classic, but a collector offered me a price I couldnā€™t pass up :slight_smile:

Will probably get another at some point, the MC is one of my all time favorites.

Coming from a person who is kinda OCD about how yoyos are placed, I appreciate your arrangement.

I ordered a gold Gauntlet. Shape looks sick. Its sitting in my mail box. Be off work in about an hour. Too stoked.

Thatā€™s a great choice. Fantastic throw, in my opinion.

Got a cabal on the way. Finally broke down.

HEHE Thanks! :slight_smile:

Man, got my Gauntlet lastnight. First One Drop. And actually first American made throw. Im so impressed. Words wont do it. Im hooked. I will only be supporting this company from now on. You can just feel the craftsmanship and time in this thing. Beautiful. Not saying these other companies arent great cause we all know they are. But in my opinion and the way i feel, i can feel a difference in One Drop. I was iffy on the flat 10 ball only because of all these centering bearings iv used and tried and grew used too, but i love it. And will buy more 10 ball OD bearings if need. Stay up One Drop

Dude, you gotta post some pics

Okay yeah i will as soon as i get off work. For some reason i cant post them with my LG phone? I have to use my wifes i phone. Not sure why

I also chose the Gauntlet as my first One Drop!

http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x274/EightPlus/Skilltoys/20161017_122634.jpg

Incidentally, itā€™s one of the very few non-solid color ways Iā€™ve bought. The others being an SB2 and a Tom Cat, way back when. I just donā€™t usually care for the splashes, and even when I do, canā€™t seem to justify the price increase. That changed when I saw this one (Gruntbull?), and Iā€™m glad I payed the extra for it. Itā€™s so different too, from the one pictured in the YYE store, that I know I got a unique beauty.

It wasnā€™t love at first throw. The bearing got noisy and rough after a few throws, and I had to clean it. That got it spinning fine, but I also am not used to a flat bearing. I actually think I would have gotten used to it, except the string kept rubbing on backspin elements like in Zipper, and slowing it down. Zipper variations are really ingrained into my front style play, so I switched to a CTX bearing.

Now, I just love it! It just feels so right! Iā€™ll give the OD 10-ball another chance one day, but regardless the Gauntlet is definitely a favorite.

1 Like

Iā€™ve noticed that all my OD 10 ball bearings get noisy after a little play. Iā€™ve just been deshielding them, cleaning them in lighter fluid (swish bearing around in a jar of fluid), spinning to dry on a pencil, adding one drop of V4M, spinning again, then reinstalling the bearing. The bearing is smooth and quiet for a very long time after that. Itā€™s worth the time and effort, imo.

95% of the bearings I own/use are OD 10 balls. I may not be good enough yet to notice a difference between flat and specialty bearings, but I havenā€™t had any trouble using flat bearings.