One Direction Thread!

MULAN SONG!!!

. What do u mean?

Guys, it’s the modern music industry. Is this not to be expected? I read a great quote as a youtube comment once, “because most modern music is almost factory produced. There is no real emotion there anymore. There is no art leftï»ż to music, it’s all designed to separate teenage girls and wannabe thugs from their money.”

Now, about One Direction.They may be decent singers, but they don’t have musical talent. They don’t play instruments, or write songs. However, as long as they look good and have catchy songs, they’re good.

Also, related
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Tq-UsaRchI

I was going to post some prog. looks like you beat me to it

Heh, if your gonna post in a thread talking about the music industry and what it means, what better song than The Spirit of Radio?

It’s funny really ,you can put any musician in his place and eventually the hate will be swift like a coursing river ,with all the force of a great typhoon ,with all the strength of a raging fire ,mysterious as the dark side of the moon!
Time is racing toward us till the Huns arrive
Heed my every order and you might survive
You’re unsuited for the rage of war
So pack up, go home, you’re through
How could I make a man out of you?
we must be swift like a coursing river ,with all the force of a great typhoon ,with all the strength of a raging fire ,mysterious as the dark side of the moooon!

Quoted from Johnthejwolfe

So I read this whole thread though, and I have one thing to say;

HOW THE FIRETRUCK COULD YOU NOT LIKE THE BEATLES?!?!??!?!

I don’t like the Beatles. I don’t dislike them either. They’re not my style, but they’re not bad.

Oh goodie.

And something else to say; Mr. Soviet Insect That Eats My Crops After I Wait Like a Year For Them to Grow, stop plaguing this thread.

BOOM

1 Like

that joke was so bad, the only person who thanked it was you.

2 Likes

Well, I guess this would lead to a spinoff topic, but in music school, I thought that “voice” was considered to be an instrument. If someone can sing well, their instrument is their voice. I consider the voice to be one of the many instruments in the song, not literally something made of wood or brass, but it can be every bit as important. I value a great singer the same as someone who can play a guitar, who cannot sing. But, it is awesome when you see artists who can sing and play an instrument
simultaneously. It is just more entertaining, more to listen to, and more to watch. It requires more multitasking. As long as people are enjoying any kind of music, it has a tremendous value, even if it does not suit my taste.

2 Likes

It was commented that the Beatles were a “boy band”
 Boy bands were “put” together by record company executives based on appeal and the amount of records they could sell. No one put the Beatles together based on any of that rubbish
 They were a band in every sense of the world
 They worked their buts off in the clubs of Europe to get their success
 Check out the movie Backbeat to see what I mean
 They did not just become famous overnight
 They worked at it
 They were serious musicians
 It was not until the US audience got involved did they “blow up”

On the topic of voice well

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMsYg_tACZQ

1 Like

Guys,
come on.

It’s Kwanzaa.

Must not spam this thread, i must not spam this thread, I must not spam this thread, or do anything else I must not do anything the sort.

http://img851.imageshack.us/img851/6245/directionc.jpg

What you wrote was just total spam and trash right there

This^^

1 Like

Umm
 you post several times a week. That’s hardly what I would call avoiding it for as long as possible. But if you don’t like it here, leave?

On that note, when did the yoyo community become so
 judgmental and hipstery? My playlist consists of things ranging from selena gomez to morbid angel, and everything in between. If you like a song, listen to it. If you don’t like a song, don’t. Not sure why it matters if they’re “mainstream” or not.

1 Like

Please
 I’ve been in the yoyo community longer than you have. I stayed on YYN until it’s end so I really have no choice but to come here.

How does the length of your time spent in the community have anything to do with what he said?