One Direction Thread!

I really don’t mind them. But I LOVE teasing my cousin who likes them… maniacal laughter

I like “What Makes You Beautiful.”  If a shy girl got the lyrics to that song in a poem, you would have the key to her heart.  Great pop song.  Cute guys too.  I like them.

Do I go out of my way to listen to their music? No. Do I make angry posts on the Internet when I hear someone mention their name? No.

Really, one direction is nothing special, but their music isn’t terrible. One or two of their songs are actually pretty catchy.

Honestly, I think a lot of the people who so strongly dislike them are just bandwagoners. Gotta find some pop culture icon to hate.

In the mean time, listen to whatever music you enjoy, rather than what people say is good or bad. You’ll have a way better time.

4 Likes

1D= Justin bieber boy band
And no just be cause I am a girls does not mean I like this band it sucks!

Hmm, I read this thread.

Maybe I’m just jealous of them…

Hey, I am. I would totally be hated by a bunch of people but get tons of money and be able to have millions of age appropriate women ogle at me. haha.

Here’s the only pop video I actually enjoyed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYD472fYIao&list=UUH2kfloa3zhqUh3-iod1U_A&index=1

Wouldn’t that be nice? :wink:

It wouldn’t be so bad, looking at it that way

Until you’re no longer a fad, girls don’t like you anymore, you’ve wasted all your money, and nobody can take you seriously because all they think of when they see you is your laughable teenage years.

And by then they have already made millions after millions and while they’re enjoying the rest of their lives in sunny California with girls all around them, you’ll still be slaving away until your mid-60’s hoping that one day you’ll get some sort of break.

I don’t listen to One Direction. Not my cup of tea. I don’t think they’re really that special, but:

Most of the thread is filled with adolescents who think they have superior music tastes to everyone else but in fact, not really. No one has a reason to hate 1D but you guys do anyway, because you have joined a stupid bandwagon that hey! all boybands suck and I should insult them because my peers think it’s not acceptable to think they’re okay.

No. Grow up. Different people have different tastes. So guys, cry some more. Most of you probably listen to stuff like Skrillex and 009 Sound System so just stop embarrassing yourselves further.

3 Likes

But then they can’t get that ego boost from putting someone down :frowning:

I like lots of weird music. I’m listening to a female rapper, and its all in Spanish. There’s a talent that goes past language, in my opinion.

I never said I disliked 1D, I just said that they won’t get much respect from people in the future. I was trying to make the point that being a star isn’t always great.

I agree with you that most people here who are against 1D may being doing so because it’s “not cool” to like them, and that since girls like them, they must be stupid, or that if they’re not listening to what I listen to, then they’re listening to bad music.

However, I don’t agree with your closing statement.

You had a good argument on how people have different tastes, and that people should “Grow up”, but then you go and say you think that the majority of 1D haters probably listen to Skrillex or 009 Sound System.

I’m not backing those artists, but finishing your argument like that makes you no better than the kids hating on 1D.

You say that we should appreciate that people have different tastes, then you blatantly insult those whose music tastes include two artists you may not like?

Really?

That’s just childish.

They’re all in the same category–popular, catchy, “up to date”(?) music so they’re essentially no different from 1D. Which was what I was trying to get at but I’m really sorry you were so offended by my post that your defensive mechanism came into play and had to find something wrong with what I wrote (and then call me childish).

Okay, you have your gender as male and have the username Jack Shaw, but you listen to One Direction.

I think everyone has a mainstream song/artist that they secretly like. Mine may or may not be Katy Perry.

2 Likes

:smiley:

No, they’re not in the same category. And that’s where you’re confused. Just because they’re popular doesn’t mean they are considered “pop music” artists. And, that’s irrelevant anyways. It doesn’t matter what music they listen to, what’s bad is that they can’t accept people who like different things than them. I’m sorry if I misinterpreted your original post.

1 Like

Wow. Shallow and assumptuous much?

Seriously guys, stop with the hate. Personally 1D isn’t for me, but this is just stupid.

3 Likes

Yeah, I like may or may not like some of Katy Perry’s stuff too.