Oiipryde scammed me out of 80$.

I agreed to pay 80 for a jack rabbit CLYW WM2 from the user Oiipryde. I payed him before Christmas and figured maybe he is just waiting until the new year to ship. However, it being January 9 and as he has not logged into the YYE forum since December 25, I feel like I have been ripped off. Upon looking at his trade feedback, I noticed 1 negative one from someone he also ripped off, in the past 2 weeks. He will not respond to any emails and even lists the wrong email in his profile. His correct one is the one that I sent money to. Stressed and very annoyed trying to figure out how to get my money back from this little thief. Don’t make any deals or trust this user, you probably will lose your money.
Does anyone know him or know a different way to contact him. Thanks for reading.

His name and paypal/email:

Jack Curnow
itzprydel@gmail.com

If you sent the money via paypal as goods or services you can file a complaint and get your money back.

that doesnt stand after 2 weeks after purchase

You have 45 days.

lol when i got scammed they told me 2 weeks for the gift they say if its the other you have more time

Yes, unfortunately he scammed RomulusR1 in the same time period.

http://yoyoexpert.com/forums/index.php/topic,88977.0.html

^Wow, Today I finally emailed him and got a response. Upon sending him his own address and saying whats going on I get a response:
“Too bad I moved in with my grandpa LOL good luck sending stuff to an empty house”
followed by a second email just stating:
“Also you sent through gift so I’m not legally bound”
Sounds like his intent is to steal money from other people.
I did not really understand how paypal worked with the pay for goods or pay as gift at the time, so I payed gift as he told me too. I am just wondering if I showed paypal these emails if they would try to help out.

I highly doubt paypal will do anything because you kind of stole money from them

What are you talking about stole money from them? They stole $ from me are you blindfolded reading this??

No what he means is that under PayPal’s rules you shouldn’t be paying someone via gifted for something they’re selling.

Its gifted because you’re giving it to someone you know under no pretense that you are getting something in return .

So by paying gifted for someone’s goods you’re avoiding the 2% (or whatever fee) that PayPal would get from using goods and services .

So if you go to PayPal with your situation then they might tell you tough luck since you should have payed with goods and services under PayPal’s rules.

Ohhhh…Ok misunderstood that, I apologize for being rude. I gotcha so paypal is not going to be in my favor based on the fact I payed as though it was a gift and avoided their fees, for something that was actually a good.

Correct .

Because they would have received a cut of your payment if you did it through good and services like you should have …
(Even though almost everyone uses gifted )

Not true…I never use gift for this very reason friends…

"Almost everyone "

Although I mostly only use the Facebook bst.

I recommend you to send an envelope to his mother to the address and let her know the situation with pictures of your paypal transaction.

Yeah, and keep sending the letters, a bunch of them, so that the mail can’t be intercepted. I bet he didn’t move.

Yoyodoc posted a nice thread before Christmas, on 12/20, hoping to help you guys protect yourselves. That thread was advising against sending money as a gift through Paypal in exchange for yo-yos. Right before Christmas, is a time when people like to take advantage, steal from people, and buy themselves a nice Christmas present at your expense. That thread was left in the general section, highly visible for awhile, for your benefit. No matter how many feedback someone has, always protect yourself, because all it takes is for someone to get greedy, or down on their luck, to throw it all away, and run a scam. No reputable seller will ask you to pay them via Paypal as a “gift.”

Yeah, although it does get tempting, i had to do a $376 transaction, I could have bought a yoyo with the paypal fees…

I know what you mean. But, when that temptation creeps in, I just start to think about what it would feel like to lose the whole $376, then that other temptation quickly goes away. :smiley:

So true, and I was to a different country, so there was no way on earth i was going to send it as a gift.