Official Thread of The String Company Known as Big Yoyo String

^^^^

Double Postin’ cuz I can. What now!

I’m telling.

1 Like

Soon 3Lan~Muse will be part of that list WOOOO

Me and Jake need to sit down and make a proper cotton… I play ALOT of fixed axle…

1 Like

I Would love to see a nice bouncy and thin cotton

I was considering buying some until I saw the prices, $3-7 for 10 strings :o but I guess I can try them out once I get my lunar wind ;D does that come with the standard string?

It’s definitely priced correct. Is high quality string, it is made by hand. If you want the biggest bang for your buck buy some Candy string. It is fantastic. It’s in the top 3 favorite BYYS of mine :slight_smile:

Hey man how can it be exclusive if everyone has it? If everybody drove a Ferrari, people wouldn’t go out of their way to look at one, because they aren’t cool anymore. If everybody could afford my string, well (a) I would have no time to yoyo and (b) it would loose it’s “aura”

But they are handmade with fine thread. This isn’t your average poly string that you can get from a lot of other companies. Every string we make is unique.

By the way, my eyes went like :o too when I saw you sell 100 packs for $11! How do you have time to do things other than make string? Or do you have a robot string maker?? :o

Double Postin’ cuz nobody can stop me!

Lol, I dont make them, but I use them and think they need more publicity… 2 brothers make them and when I ordered a 50 pack they had it in 3 days, the moneydidnt even get to them yet… When I gotthem turns out they gave me like 10 extras as well. They are some nice strings, I wouldnt say they are YYSL or toxic string quality but they beat out kitty IMO. And they are cheaper too, I like em :slight_smile: want to do a string exchange? 5 for 5? Haha

How often do you get orders? And how many strings would you say you regularly make a day?

I take pride in making my strings very high quality, I would say they are up with toxic, YYSL, etc.

Unfortunately,I don’t need any string right now, but I may take you up on that offer later. I get 1 or 2 orders a day, sometimes more sometimes less. In the last couple days I have gotten orders for a total of 270 strings. On an average day I make around 40 strings or so.

Lol I love Waylon

It doesn’t take me all day, 40 will take me around 1 hour. But I do agree, that is slow. I have a couple ideas in my head about how to make it quicker. I find I get kinda bored if I try to do it in long stints, so sometimes I may do 2 even 3 one-hour spinnin’ seshs

I’m not sure what you use now, but a rig could easily be made using dowlrods and some really lot quality wood. Or, even fancier, use some small metal hooks to hold the string ends and have like 5 or however many you want set up at once and just go down the line and spin them. I don’t know much about string making, so I can’t really give in depth ideas for a rig.

I have a 13 string rig currently, I think Paul was hinting at automating some of it using motors

Hmmm, motors would be efficient. Little Dc motors are cheap and can easily be wired to like a 9v battery. If you did he math, you could even wire it to a timed switch so that it stops spinning when the time is up.

Good idea Paul! I will definitely be thinking about this thoroughly

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Q52r7xMd3U

Throwing music, straight from my playlist entitled “string-making music”

1 Like

Dude, you listen to Chick Corea?! Mad respect!