Official Thread of The String Company Known as Big Yoyo String

Thanks!

As you grow and learn you may find you’ll want something different in string. Big Yoyo is where it’s at :wink:

Unrelated:

Jake, I just looked at your BST. I see you’re selling your injury-inducing longboarding stuff and maybe trying to get a unicycle instead…

1 Like

that’s funny. (Jake will probably explain)

Make sure you don’t get pedal straps!

Lol I won’t, but I have pedal straps on my fixie and clipless pedals on my MTB and road bike. I feel so lost on regular pedals, you never realize how much you move your feet around until you lock your feet to your bike with clipless pedals…

What’s the significance of fixed gear bikes?

The gear is ALWAYS moving. there is no coasting. your pedals are always being powered by you, you are able to bike much faster - they are often referred to as messenger bikes (Delivery ppl in NYC) - Your main brake is if you stop moving your feet lol.

So think, how a unicycle works, the pedals are directly linked to the wheel, if you pedal backwards, the wheel moves back wards, and vice versa. just simply in bicycle form :slight_smile:

Sounds unpleasant. And dangerous.

Actually, it’s much more efficient. Can be dangerous until you get the hang of it, but so can yoyoing. :slight_smile:

1 Like

It is quite unpleasant when you start, because your leg muscles aren’t used to working that hard. However, once you do it for a month they get a lot stronger, which helps if you do other forms of cycling. It also has the appeal of simplicity. There are no gears or shifters, and often no brakes (although I ride with a front brake, just in case). The main form of stopping is pushing back on the pedals or locking your legs and skidding. There is no clicking noise when you’re coasting, because you can’t.

I suppose it could be looked at as dangerous because you can’t exactly stop on a dime. But how often do you need to? I would say I could stop in about 10 feet, which is about the average of a regular bike. I love fixies because you feel very connected to your bike, and they are so easy to use. If you’re moving the bike is working. If your not, your bike is broke. Simple as that

1 Like

I want this bike:

http://m.popsci.com/technology/article/2013-04/transportation-cardboard-bike

Emil is at the end!

1 Like

so! With some extended play.
The 3lan~Muse String. It still has its bounce.
This is ridiculously sweet.

Yeah :slight_smile: It gets better with age, like fine cheddar and wine

1 Like

It whips faster too…
Wow. I Dig this stuff so much man.

1 Like

Found my Protos! Love it love it love it! New video of them coming soon!

Haha I have a red unicycle, I love it so much. I think it’s a Torker Unistar. That baby is so fun.

Missed this before. Now I will explain :stuck_out_tongue: Josh convinced me to! I figured you can’t really get hurt much more than you could if you fell off your bike going 6mph, and unicycles are pretty cool anyways so why not try!

BTW: I still have most of the injury inducing longboarding equipment if someone wants to cop it up for cheap!

1 Like

Where can I get a list of all the different types of strings you got?