OD Valor

Ah, gotcha. No worries, thanks for the quick response. :slight_smile:

Think I’ll grab me one of them purples before they go then…

So according to you, ONLY people 100% interested in buying the Valor are allowed to post on this thread? Jesus Christ…

So whether a yoyo has side-effects is the ONLY justification from two yoyo models made from two completely different countries? Really??

…almost all the stock is still there even after the release. I think I’ll just leave it at that :stuck_out_tongue:

You are so cool, yoyodoc.

Actually, according to me, you have my 100 percent backing, in your right to completely distort and misinterpret, everything you quoted me on.

You can jump into this thread with your kickin boots on and make your sad attempt to make my view,‘seem misdirected’.

But, I honestly believe you would have been better off, thinking before you posted up 100 percent proof of how Ignorant you are to say what you did.

No matter what I say when I post in a thread, there is Always one Clown(like you) that wants to put on a Badge and whip up some good ole Law and Order.

I would go to the trouble to point out the mistakes in every conclusion you drew from the quotes you posted, but since you were dumb enough to literally Twist what I said around and bold enough to believe you made sense, I doubt you could comprehend reality, even If I typed slower in larger fonts, with my cap key on lock.

I don’t play Chess with Checker players.

…I read every word in every post in the entire thread. And I gave every statement careful consideration before I ever decided to post a response. I know from experience, that there is at least 1 Simpleton in every Village, that will scrutinize anything I post.

Like magic, you appear.

Thank you

Batter up…?

1 Like

Riiiiiiggggght. COMPLETELY distorted. You’re nothing more than a childish adult with absolutely no response.
Anywhooo, it would be cool to see how the price point was broken down, but that would be overthrowing the yoyo boundaries according to yoyodoc :stuck_out_tongue:
Might pick one up in a bst someday.

If you search YYE shop for “7075” you’ll see the range is from $120 - $220 (for any not made in China). We are at the very bottom of the price range. Obviously we can’t compete with China and we don’t try to.

I’m not sure what the issue is here. We offer a wide price range of yoyos, always attempting to give the best value possible. There are yoyoers who prefer 7075 (including Vilmos which is why he asked for it on his signature yoyo) and they understand it simply costs more. If that’s not your thing or your price range, we have plenty of great yoyos available under $100 in 6061. Options are good right?

3 Likes

This.

The red ones are beautiful as well, check out the pics in my High Speed review for some up close ones of that red. Extremely rich and deep.

I do have a question about the Valor design process. I know you guys make sure the player is thoroughly involved with their signature design. Did Vilmos have a reason for not wanting Side Effects? Not complaining, this yoyo does not need them at all, I’m just curious about his thoughts on that particular feature.

Mainly the finger spin ring. That feature is not really possible with Side Effects.

Wouldn’t side effects would have added a substantial amount of center weight compared to the plain ol’ axle through design? That’s the biggest problem with side effects imo is that they seem to force center weight higher than it might otherwise be, and then the yoyos end up being designed around ultralights to keep weight down, and then your only option is to go heavier, even though most ODs with SE’s are already middle to high weight, so unless you like throwing really solid, really heavy yoyos, they really don’t add anything. But that’s just what i’ve noticed. We need more ODs with base weights around 60g like the 54, or even lower, a side effect yoyo at like 55g-58g would be great, then those brass side effects would serve a purpose other than to turn yoyos into bricks. Weight distribution would be weird, but that’s ok, it’d at least be unique and something different.

1 Like

How longs the Valor fingerspin? Noticeably longer than other ODs? I can get up to 5-6 second fingerspins on some of my ODs. I like how the Valor is designed to handle a little bit of everything. Fits my style nicely :slight_smile:

Side Effects don’t add any extra weight over a yoyo with a similar sized hub nipple - it’s like a myth that has spread for reasons I can’t understand. In fact it’s a bit less because some of that area is 0-ring which is lighter than aluminum.

What can’t be done with Side Effects is a flat hub. The Valor has very close to a flat hub so that was another reason Vilmos chose to go that way.

1 Like

Depends on your skill of course. This is our first yoyo to be specifically designed for finger spins though.

Yea but is it noticeably better than other ODs? My summit is pretty nice for em

This is the first yoyo that I have been able to consistently pull off finger spins with.

I made this comment in my review, with all of the design elements added to it the Valor is one of One Drops more accessible designs. It works well with grinds, spins, horizontal play and most recently I found it extremely competent in 5A. I would love to hear what One Drop team member Mack Finley has to say about using it for 3A.

1 Like

David, I love the company, and love the customer support, just wanna put that out there, but I have a question. :slight_smile:

I am sure that you have seen the Pulsefire, by Tyler of Crucial. It is 7075 aluminum, made in the US, and less than $100. Do you think one day we could see a 7075 from onedrop in that price range?

What retail store sold Pulsefires?

I think I’ll have 20 6061 aluminum yoyos made and sell them for 20 bucks each. That should set a nice precedent.

Or not.

If we want yoyo companies to stay in business and make yoyos (which I for one do) we have to understand that for some it’s a small endeavor and for some it’s how they make a living.

The latter tend to provide more diverse and better yoyos IMHO.

1 Like

Thanks for the support :slight_smile:

As far as I can tell the Pulsefire was sold directly and not through any stores. We only sell through great stores like YYE (in an effort to support the global community as much as possible) which of course will raise the price because they need to make money as well so I don’t foresee ever selling a 7075 that low.

Thanks for the straightforward answer! :slight_smile:

Landon Balk helped design the pulsefire, and it’s obviously designed, like the benchmark series, to be easy and fast to machine. Compared to the valor, it is very simple in design. The number is the only engraving, I have number 61.

Yeah, I bought mine from Tyler direct, that’s how he’s selling them, this is his first project and I know he’s been in contacts with stores.

My son alerted me to this reply. I missed it apparently.

Sorry not to respond sooner, but I did not realize that my comment would be seen as anything but simple logic. I should have realized that someone in the community would step-up with a bit of drama.

As per David’s comments about this being made “because of me”.
Thanks so much. I guess that my opinions about 7075 are at least heard. Perhaps you could tell me why you and your fanboys have hounded me from forum to forum; all lambasting me for my thoughts on different alloys? Since I am banned from the OneDrop forum; I will tell you directly: This yoyo is way too late. The market is saturated by YYR with high-quality 7075 throws. The Valor MIGHT have excited me a year ago. Now, it is just one of many. What took so long?

Yoyodoc: Seriously? You need to get over yourself. I have every right to respond to blatant illogic posted by manufacturers on this forum. That you disagree is fine, but cut the personal insults. It just makes you look immature.

Weak? Perhaps you should watch less South Park and acquire a vocabulary used by adults. I mean …totally.