No Offense to anyone. But CLYW fanboys bug me.

If you stab someone for a mint painted peak it’s still wrong, no matter how tempting it is.

“As a person who prefer one brand over another, I have a few statements to say because I disagree with your sweeping generalization even though we prefer the same brand.”

…this thread basically.

1 Like

LMFAO, So you think anyone that loves a certain brand of yoyo has limited intelligence? What does someone’s dedication and devotion to a brand of yoyo have to do with their intelligence? What does someone’s dedication and devotion to a brand of anything have to do with their intelligence? Someone strictly buying or collecting a certain brand of yoyo is so irrelevant to their intelligence and someone’s intelligence is so irrelevant to the original post.

Anyway, some of you just have to understand that there are certain types of people out there that only buy certain things b/c that is what makes that person feel good about themselves. You all know the type of person I’m talking about; the kid that wears nothing but Ralph Lauren Polo or nothing but Abercrombie and Fitch b/c that’s what’s expensive and that’s what everyone wants. That’s all they wear in hopes that everyone will think that they’re cool and all the girls will like them. This type of person is really just very self conscious and they try to replace whatever it is that they’re self conscious about with the most expensive clothes and the newest, biggest truck or fastest sports car, in an attempt to fill their void. They also go around talking crap and spreading rumors about people b/c doing so makes them feel better about themselves. These people are everywhere, even in these forums. So guess what brand of yoyo they’re going to buy? You guessed it, the brand that everyone wants. The expensive and ever so cool CLYW. It’s not necessarily that they like CLYW, it’s just that that is the most popular brand and that’s what everyone else wants, so if they have truckloads full of them, then everyone will envy them. They usually can’t yoyo to save their life, but, guess what? They’ve got all the yoyo’s that everyone else wants so that evens everything out. These are the types of people that you’re going to find it very hard to communicate with, much less work out a deal with. They’re going to spew arrogance everywhere and they’re going to try and make you feel somewhat small b/c you don’t have what they have. This has nothing at all to do with any brand, this has to do with the person. CLYW just so happens to be THE brand that everyone wants, therefore it can sometimes go hand in hand with the arrogant douchebag’s who possess them. You shouldn’t connect any brand with those types of people and you definitely shouldn’t take it out on that brand which is what seems to be going on in this post. I’ve had several run-ins with these arrogant, obnoxious people and If everyone would just ignore them and not show interest in what they have, b/c that’s exactly what they want, then they might see that possessions mean absolutely nothing when you have no friends to share them with.

I’m not talking about any one specific person so please, nobody read this and think that I’m talking about you, b/c I’m not, I’m just talking about a type of person in general.

1 Like

I agree with you sir, corn is most pleasurable.

This is the most hypocritical thread ever. For every apparent ‘fanboy’ there is someone who spends their time bashing CLYW. No other brand gets people whining more, if it’s not the price it the quantity it’s the release schedule. Always something! The community (at least a vocal part of it) lately seems to always be in the search for something to hate on!!! I thought yoyos are for fun, lol. I’m 50 so I guess I’m a ‘FanMan’ CLYW rocks, so do others One Drop, G2, Monkeyfinger, C3, YYF too! TMBR, Kendamas, Pills and VooDama as well!! These are great times with amazing toys to choose from. When i was young the Imperial or the Butterfly were your choices basically. How far we came. Does that make me a bad person?

Ya!

9 Likes

Wrong, it’s a human caracteristic, it’s normal and it doesn’t only concern our community, or a certain generation.

[quote=“vicvonboom,post:66,topic:61708”]
Yes!!!

No!!!

You must ask yourself WHY people like CLYW so much, and stand by them with so much pride.

I think its because of box art, ‘cool’ designs (aka double rims, cylindrical hub design), names, manufactured in Canada or USA, and high quality materials.

CLYW has a lot going for them. They are an icon in the yoyo world. There throws are $, but you get what you pay for and you know it is going to be good and smooth.

What was the point of this thread again?

For what it’s worth, there’s nothing in the statement you are replying to that implies or suggests that this is unique to a particular community or generation, ::slight_smile:
http://puu.sh/5AHPD.png

/thread | this was great, haha.

yeah, my bad, I just keep reading this about the community lately, I’m fed up ::slight_smile:

1 Like

Haha I still love you guys

Dem baby blues tho…

1 Like

I personally think anyone who believes they can fill their self-conscious void with things is absolutely showing a lack of intelligence. As does anyone who is jealous about those things.

And Chris shouldn’t have a single problem with either person. They keep creating threads in support or against his company, thus constantly providing advertisement for his company. The worst thing that could happen is that no one talks about CLYW. Then they would just drift away into the masses of other companies. Instead, regardless of whether someone likes the company or not, it is always in the forefront. If there were t-shirts that said “I am a CLYW fanboy!” and “I am NOT a CLYW fanboy!” they would both sell out. I’m just not sure it would go with my Ralph Lauren Polo or Abercrombie and Fitch jacket. :wink:

Once I told someone that some CLYW wasn’t my favorite yoyo, and that it didn’t really fit me. They replied back that not liking a CLYW is the same as cursing. I mean all I said is that it wasn’t my favorite!

No?!?!! For You!!! Thanks fOr illustrating the point of intolerance though. All I said was I like Kendama, Pills and VooDama and TMBR. Sorry that’s so unacceptable, pretty funny.

You’re welcome!

This is no intolerance though, this is but laziness of explaining my point :stuck_out_tongue:

Let us have this don the mask of intolerance if it may help you ;D

Help from you seems pretty unneccessary. Given your laziness to explain your points.
But I appreciate your Kind offer.

HAHAHAHAHA! That’s funny Mike! I need to clarify something though. I didn’t mean to come off like I think every fanboy is the arrogant, self conscious type. There’s plenty of collectors out there that are completely normal and very nice people. That’s why I don’t think CLYW should be associated with that type of person. You obviously just had a bad experience with an arrogant, DB.
And Mike, I don’t think someone who buys the best of the best whatever, car, clothes, yoyo’s, lol, in an attempt make themselves feel better b/c they are self conscious shows a lack of intelligence. People who are self conscious about themselves don’t buy $100,000 sports cars because they think it will make a certain part of their anatomy grow. lol, they obviously know that is not going to happen. They buy a Lamborghini to compensate for their certain anatomy, lol. Therefore, I still believe that intelligence has nothing to do with someone being self conscious about themselves. But, that’s your opinion so it’s all good!!!

I like their yoyos, and their team. and them.

What I don’t like?

1.) Their marketing strageties and marketing/selling related stuff.

2.) Freaks/fanboys. In a simpler way- The guys who ONLY want CLYW, the guys who ask “you got any CLYW after you offer a wonderful One Drop or something.” I litterally FREAK out when some ding dong says “Only looking for CLYW”

I mean HECK

I offered a Prototype 1/20 code 2, a Dibase, Theory, Kendama, string, and cards, for a FOOLS GOLD CLYW!

“only looking for CLYW”

I love the yoyos and people, hate everything els.

This one guy on instagram defended CLYW because i complained about their “directly from canada” stuff.

He had a CLYW picture as his picture. People all the time, have the name CLYW-Jhb8426 and use CLYW’s picture.

Blah blah…

And now CLYW blocked me on instagram because i had to argue with that fanboy…

This is starting to get ridiculous. How about we just drop this topic all together and talk about the things that BRING THE COMMUNITY TOGETHER and stop talking about HOW MUCH WE HATE EACH OTHER. PLEASE