New yyj Surge

it’s not bad at all it hasn’t snagged at all for me and even if you can always shim it out.

Frankly I would like to see it with a wider gap. I think its a little too responsive. Its feels hefty and solid with good spin times and has alot of good qualities, but I’ve had it snap back unexpectedly when it shouldn’t a few times. At first I thought it just needed to be broken in, and it did get a little better, but after throwing it for a full day straight (probably 3 hrs). Its still snagging and having trouble with holding more then a couple strings in the gap. I know you can do shims if you want to, but if the goal is to get a plastic that plays like a metal, it feels like the gap needs a redesign.
Am I the only one here, anyone else running into this?

Ordering today or tomorrow. Hopefully it’ll get here in time for me to do plenty of filming for the contest with my friend!

Use thinner string if you are having problems with the gap and the yoyo being responsive.

Is this solid plastic or hollow?

Feels solid, but I suspect it has weight rings inside of it, or it could just be the caps.

I got mine on may 25th at bac super fun

I think it’s a pretty great throw. I put a 10 ball kk in mine reduced the snags and kick backs a lot I think I’ll re-silicone mine sooner than later the purple monkey snot needs to come out :). One thing I do have to say is that the stock bearing needs to be cleaned as soon as you get it they put some crazy lube in there that made mine spin on the end of a pencil for like 2.5 seconds. All and all thou solid. Totally worth the money.

I had seconds thoughts too when I saw the weight, but plastic usually plays lighter than metal, and I’m pretty comfortable throwing my 69g northstar. Also, dat video contest…

It plays fine stock imo, super solid feeling, which is what I think they were going for. I’ll probably buy some shims with my next YYE order, but I don’t think it’s necessary. Definitely recommend this one.

This one is basically on par with a Classic with a C bearing.

I wouldn’t say that one is better than the other. It’s just nice that these 2 yo-yo’s are different shapes to best fit your preferences. I think they are both great.

B

hmm I plan on getting some shims with my nextYYSL stock up. I’m not sure to get thick or thin, maybe both.

Might as well grab both at a dollar a set

Got one! Green with White Caps! Can’t wait!

Mine arrived today, it’s great!

Just got mine! It plays splendidly for a 16 dollar plastic! I can’t honestly say it plays life full metal, but it definitely plays up there with other high-quality plastics (many of which are twice the price). Definitely gonna get another for 3a.

It’s an amazing plastic for $16.

Would the Surge be good for 3A? I’m attempting to learn 3A, and I’m debating whether or not to get OneStars, Classics, or Surges.

I myself am absolutely hopeless at 3a, and I don’t really know what makes a good 3a yoyo, but for starters I think a pair of any decent 1a plastics would work great.

I’m kinda in the same boat, but I think what makes a good 3A yoyo (imo) is a large diameter with good rim weight, and I think a narrow width would help too.

That basically sims up the Surge then. Solid, lots of rim weight, slightly larger diameter and less width.