New release from Dressel Designs - The Assassin!

The latest release from @hobbygod is a Stainless Steel D-Bearing model built for EDC - The Assassin!

When creating the Assassin the goal was to keep the spirit of their previous 5050 release alive in a smaller, pocketable, and more serious design. The stainless steel gives it a unique and premium feel in the hand and on the string without a premium price tag. The organic profile is still front and forward, but with an opening in the gap that reduces friction and adds stability without compromising any comfort or fun. The D bearing adds to the unique feel and gives you a tight bind every time with impressive spin power.

The Assassin is the last EDC yoyo you will ever need. Perfect to play anywhere with a blend of comfort and performance you won’t find even in your most competition focused throws!

Releasing Friday 11/12 @ 8PM EST.

13 Likes

Love this thing. I did not expect this level of play or comfort from an undersized throw. I reach for it more than I do most of my full-sized metals.

2 Likes

So excited for you all to get this one :grinning::grinning:

5 Likes

Looks very nice!

1 Like

Thanks man! It is very fun indeed. Don’t leave the house without one.

1 Like

I’ve been grabbing my assassin pretty much every time I leave the house (even in fixie Fridays, don’t tell them). Well worth the stupid low price!

1 Like

Awesome man!! Thank you for the support! Yeah I don’t leave my house without it! It’s perfect for the pocket bc it’s more or less indestructible

2 Likes

Couldn’t resist, and snagged one. I like throwing my General Yo Mini Star 2, so this got my curiosity up with the smaller yet wider design, plus variety is the spice of life.

2 Likes

Thanks Matt!! I love my ministar 2 as well! Ministar 2 is better in the power department but I’m always scared to take bimetals with me as an EDC

1 Like

My favorite Yoyo with the Euphonius that’s smaller than than the SS Bowl Yet. Does it all perfectly and the response is on point :facepunch::slightly_smiling_face:

Had to pick one up after following your design process / story for months now! I gotta see why everyone says this thing has perfect response. That’s one of my favorite parts about a great yoyo, when it snaps back in just the right way chefs kiss :ok_hand:can’t wait to get it in my hands.

2 Likes

Definitely my favorite part of the yoyo. I feel like normal airetics make the binds perfect if you have any

3 Likes

I happen to have 2 good sir. And the badwolfeco sliccs are pretty damn similar too.

2 Likes

They’ll be your chefs kiss when it comes to binds

1 Like

I’m looking forward to these coming in the mail in a couple of days. The 5050 is still one of my all-time favorites - fast, fun, super stable, and some of the best and most consistent binds. If the Assassin is half as good as the 5050 I’ll be happy!

3 Likes

My 50/50 came a couple days ago. How good that was made purchasing the Assassin a no-brainer for me. Really looking forward to mine arriving.

9 Likes

Honestly i think it’s good good. I’m not good at yoyo reviews but I have 30+ yoyos and this one if fun af and very beautiful. Got mine on Thursday and I been throwing it basically non stop.

5 Likes

I sort of impulse purchased one after missing the survivalist drop (:cry:) but I am super excited. It will be my first steel. @hobbygod what do you mean by more or less industructable?

2 Likes

Steel is very durable. Think of it like a titanium in terms of taking hits and dings, but it’s 75 bucks instead of like 300

5 Likes

Ok, now I’m even more excited!

3 Likes