Throws similar to the Assassin

Hello Everyone!

I recently traded with @Xanadu and received a DD Assassin V1. I didn’t realize how small it was; I was primarily attracted to its wide, organic shape. However, I freaking love it. It’s going to be a daily carry for me. I aim to get my hands on a V2, but what other throws in that diameter range(46-48mm) are also great?

4 Likes

Anomaly YoYo’s Euphonious

2 Likes

For another stainless steel the zeekio d bearing alpha steel is a must have. One of my favorites. I like it as much as my assasin. It’s also a SS organic but they couldn’t feel more different. It’s a tiny bit smaller but you wouldn’t know it from how well it plays

2 Likes

The Dressel Designs 5050 is a similar shape but AL and bigger (but still undersized).

2 Likes

I’ve been looking at that one. Thanks!

Every time I see one, I want to try it. I’ll try to grab one. Thanks!

Not really wide but an excellent small diameter option

3 Likes

50mm and plays on the denser side IMO, but I like it a lot.

2 Likes

Not stainless, but the g2 mini banshee/mini banshee wide are great mini’s and around 48mm diameter

2 Likes

Seconded Brandon on the G2 minis! You can also check out the zipline opossum and the Dis anima!

1 Like

Also hunt down a fallen angel if u can. Probably my favorite mini ever. I just got the ti version as well which I’ve been playing almost exclusively for the past 3 weeks

2 Likes

Atmos Goji (idk if it’s in that small diameter range) & Dressel 5050 (also idk if it’s in that diameter range either)

1 Like

Can’t believe no one’s mentioned the dink!! The assassin is in my top 3 yoyos of all time, I LOVE that thing. Thr Jake ab Dink is the perfect brother to it. Very similar. Both steel, tiny and D bearing organic.

3 Likes

Dink was mentioned, but thanks for mentioning it again! I have on in my cart now…

1 Like

i would have 1000 percent bought this yoyo if I could find any reviews on it seems like exactly what I like

I think I have only seen the TP 2 mentioned by one other poster on YYE in the last couple years. I only just now realized that a TP 3 was released back in January.

MIID-Y is also cool (and on sale), but a further 2mm in diameter away from the 48mm range requested here.

1 Like