Favourite Monometal Stainless Steel Yoyo?

What is your favourite stainless steel yoyo? (If you don’t own one, do you have any you’d love to try?)

(also Bimetal don’t count, just a yoyo body machined with stainless steel only ^^)

Personally I feel like this is one of the materials that hasn’t been explored well enough in yoyo designs, but with advancements in manufacture techniques, I really hope more SS Yoyos will be produced in the future ^^

My favourites are YoYoBarista Geisha and Anomaly Euphonious.

5 Likes

I really dig the Dressel Assassin. Just an absolute blast to play.

8 Likes

I completely second the Assassin. It’s a great pocket throw.

9 Likes

All great throws!

I really like the RSO Mini Bowl SS

4 Likes

Just like many others mine is the assassin. I take that thing everywhere not gunna lie.

8 Likes

Feel like I have to give Assassin a try XD tho wide shape throws are really not for me.

6 Likes

The Assassin is indeed excellent, but I just can’t seem to put my siliconed/center trac Quiz down. There’s something about that sweet slimline action that gets me every time.

10 Likes

I’ve tried the St Eel, Shuriken and lowerKase. I have a Heist coming.

Steel is such a great yoyo material in my opinion. I imagine we only see full steel yoyos in small sizes for weight purposes. It’s understandable, but it can make a smaller throw perform like a full size while still being pocket friendly.

The lowerKase played the best. I’m interested in seeing if the Heist is better.

3 Likes

I lf we’re talking about performance, I’d say either the Top Yo - Top Steel or the Hydrangea - Lisianthus. The Anomaly - Euphonius is definitely a ton of fun, though.

5 Likes

Assassin

10 Likes

Assassin for sure

7 Likes

To echo @kretzschmar, the lowerKase has also also been the best playing of the steels I’ve tried. Have not had a chance to try an Assassin, but for what it is, the lowerKase has been one of my favorite yoyos of last year. Can’t beat the price point it came at either!

4 Likes

For real, best 30 dollar yoyo I’ve ever had

2 Likes

I have to give it to the Recess Quiz. When set up with an unresponsive Concave bearing its very similar in shape and size to a RSO Spaceship

6 Likes

I haven’t played a ton, but the LowerKase is all I’ve kept. Only one that didn’t play like a brick :rofl:

4 Likes

Mine is the Heist, YYF needs to do another run of these babies. Best <=40mm diameter yoyo I ever played.

2 Likes

Vow and Assassin are great/unique. The only other SS I’ve tried isn’t significantly different from aluminum designs with similar specs as far as I can tell.

3 Likes

I think yyf needs to do another full stainless steel throw. The steel shutter, LowerKase, Heist. YYF knows how to make a good yo outta that dense metal, and I think we might need another one.

2 Likes

SaintEel

3 Likes

I wish it was easier to obtain one. I’ve heard that it’s one of the best pocket yoyos out there but I haven’t had one so I can’t say anything about it. I’m definitely on the lookout for one though.

1 Like