Looking for a stainless steel throw

I heard the ping of a stainless steel yo-yo and now I want one lol. I’ve seen people suggest an Assassin and a Lowerkase but I can’t find one up for sale anywhere. What other options are there for a stainless throw (that I’d most likely be able to obtain nowadays)?

7 Likes

The Quiz is cool

6 Likes

The Excess by Prohibition yoyo will be available later this year.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CrL0zszL_KE/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

14 Likes

@Deadboots has a Top Steel for sale for a good price if you want a solid full sized steel option

6 Likes

Man this is how I end up with a new yoyo I didn’t need. Well now I’m following them lol.

4 Likes

Hydrangea Lisianthus has a wonderful ping sound

3 Likes

I second the Excess. I got to try it at VA states and it was awesome. It’s a unique stainless steel throw that is very capable.

5 Likes

I’m not sure how available it is, but the RSO Bowl 303 is one of my favorites.

6 Likes

Any idea how much it’s going to be?

2 Likes

Hi Kyle here, I designed the Excess! It will be retailing for $160 and should be available this summer!

15 Likes

They are still in stock at the Japanese sites

Another good SS choice :ok_hand:

5 Likes

Dressel Assassin is wonderful. As is the Few and Far Between Vow.

6 Likes

I have a NMtbs assassin I’ll sell you DM me if you’re interested

SS is awesome

Personal favorites:

Full size
Lisanthus by Hydrangea
303 bowl by RSO

Slim line
Quiz by Recess

Under size
C type Mini bowl by RSO
D type Mini bowl by RSO
The Vow by Few and Far between (this is a great alt for the D type mini bowl almost identical)

Pocket size
euphonious by anomaly
Alpha steel by zeekio
Assassin by dressel designs

11 Likes

There’s a LOT available right now on BST.

Seconding @Christianmckz’s post on pocket sized stainless steel throws. Those are my top three, though I’d say (1) Assassin, (2) Euphonious, and (3) Alpha Steel.

I am a big, big fan of the Assassin, but the Euphonious is also awesome. it is a clear H-shape whereas the majority of stainless steel yo-yos are O-shaped, so great if you can pick up both.

@sloegoe has a Euphonious. He also has an Alpha Steel pictured, though it’s not listed for sale. He’s also got the Koi and Vow.

I’ve been tempted by the Vow, but ultimately stayed away from anything that isn’t pocket-sized just because the density / weight of stainless steel means that anything above a certain size requires super thin rims and I know stainless is not impervious to dents.

I’d recommend you get the Assassin and Euphonious to start. You can get more, but to me, those are the cream of the crop.

4 Likes

Bowl 303 is the cream of the crop. Assassin is also good, I found the Euphonious too small.

2 Likes

I think I’m gonna go with the vow and assassin. Thank you for all the suggestions everyone

2 Likes

Heist. Then maybe a quiz…… there’s always mighty flea or big deal….

1 Like

The Euphonious has a bigger diameter but smaller width than the Assassin, so they’re not that far off.

Below, L to R, Assassin, Euphonious, Lowerkase and Alpha Steel.

IMG_4605
IMG_4604

6 Likes

Another perspective. Love the H of the Euphonious. But the Assassin’s lines are one of my favorites do any yo-yo!

IMG_4606

6 Likes

I might just be an undersized yoyo hater, but I didn’t like the Euphonious. I’ve had two of them and thought it just felt just really lacking. It’s not stable enough, difficult to control, consistently running out of juice in the middle of combos.

I feel like being undersized could allow for steel yoyos to pack on even more rimweight while staying in the 60g range. But most of those yoyos are so light, with really thin rims. Maybe I’d like the Lowerkase, the rims on that thing look gigantic in comparison.

Lisianthus is one of my favorite yoyos, but I feel like I’d enjoy other full sized steel designs as well. The Geishas, Top Steel, and Thorest all look awesome.

5 Likes