Looking for a stainless steel throw

You’ve probably already gotten the steel that you’re looking for, and if so then congrats! I don’t have many, but I have the Assassin, Vow, SS Koi, Bowl 303, and I which more manufacturers made steel versions of their yoyos.

If by any chance you’re still looking, nobody was interested in my Raw Silver Vow when I previously tried to sell it on the BST and it’s still available. It’s been a while since I bought it, but if I had the chance to do it again I would have gotten the Rose Gold or the Polished Silver version. The Raw Silver is still nice, but after seeing the Bowl 303 I’m now totally spoiled by all the shininess!

4 Likes

Were yours C or D or did you have both? I opted for the D-bearing version and it’s really fun … maybe not comparable to a performance-oriented yoyo, but I think that’s an ambitious bar given the natural compromises of an undersized yoyo of this density.

For smaller yoyos, I prefer D bearing. They just seem more proportionately right. D bearings make the world a better place.

3 Likes

I had the D version both times, mostly got it just because of the Unknown edition.

And yeah, I think I might just be an undersized hater in general. Should I really be expecting to throw down Takeshi combos on a sub 50mm steel monometal that isn’t trying to optimize for performance? That’s not really a fault of the yoyo. It just isn’t a yoyo design that makes much sense for my style of play.

4 Likes