New Stainless Steel Slim-line from Recess - The QUIZ!

Recess decided it was time to make a classic and fun yoyo design for their lineup. The goal was something timeless, taking European design influence and creating an “heirloom” Yoyo. The result is a stunning stainless steel slimline. The Quiz!

Quiz-Black-1_1024x1024

Coming in just a hair under full size with a 53mm diameter and 38mm width the Quiz has great classic flair with modern performance. Machined from stainless steel, this yo-yo offers a unique feel truly unlike anything else in your collection.

Ships stock with a responsive flat bearing with rubber shields to keep it lubed up for fun tug response play. Swap out the bearing to a standard Size C and be impressed with how well it plays unresponsive too! A truly versatile design.

Releasing 2/7 @ 9PM EST.

7 Likes

Are there any other modern (responsive on unresponsive) yo-yos made out of stainless steel?

1 Like

https://onedropyoyos.com/yoyos/Clique/

1 Like

The very first full sized unresponsive stainless steel yo-yo. Topyo T.S

6 Likes

Bowl Mini was Steel as well - Stainless in fact! It’s beautiful.

2 Likes

ILYY St. Eel.

1 Like

Lots of steel yoyos as it turns out! :smiley:

1 Like

The Heist as well.

2 Likes

A small one-man operation made the ss303. I have one for sale (pardon my schilling).

2 Likes

Would stainless spark on the right surface?

Yep, on flint.

Pardon my poor joke.

Possibly… But good luck finding ‘the right surface’.

Any stainless sparks less than most other metals that are considered spark producing.

It also depends on the grade/alloy of stainless.

Most grades are not known to spark much at all.

And the ones that do; produce very short straight sparks that don’t even ‘fork’.

If you run a stainless on the pavement; the only thing you will produce is ‘damage’.

:nerd_face:

7 Likes

Indeed it will!

Put your bench grinder on the floor and turn it on.

Then throw a sleeper and walk the dog on the 80 grit wheel.

2 Likes

while simultaneously stripping your yoyo lmao.

Yes. That was the joke.

1 Like

oh lmao ok.

1 Like

What does Imao and Lmao mean?

1 Like

i’ll PM you. :joy:

2 Likes

That’s a mighty large yoyo:

1 Like