Full sized steel yoyos?

• how come there aren’t more?
  • can you think of any?
  • has anybody completed with one?
1 Like

RSO Bowl 303 - check it out. Really nice yoyo and shinier than the sun.

RSO Bowl 303 and Geisha series are my fav full sized steel (I only own the Bowl but would love to own the Geisha 3). I feel like it’s definitely gonna be more of a thing in the next few years, I know of a brand protoyping a banger full sized SS model as we speak. We need more full sized SS (as long as the designs are good lol)!

1 Like

Generally very expensive for most shops to make, and since steel is so dense the larger the yoyo the thinner and more extreme the wall thickness has to be, which can lead to a very brittle yoyo (yes steel is strong but has issues like all materials when pushed to its limit) or warping during the machine process. It’s also tough to distribute weight with steel since it is super dense, and it gets even harder the more volume that steel yoyo takes up.

Were doing a mid sized steel soon (around kanto diameter, but a ton wider). We opted for mid sized so we could actually distribute some weight in a unique way and keep the yoyo strong. Everyone that’s tried one thinks it’s the best yoyo we’ve made so far.

Also thinking about doing an assassin rerun but that’s a pocket yoyo

18 Likes

Yes, please.

This new steel you mention, plays better than Emotion??

1 Like

the Assassin is an amazing little throw. it doesn’t play like a pocket sized yoyo. smooth and nimble with amazing spin time and power, especially for it’s size. it can hang with larger yoyos in terms of performance.

i would say that if you did another run, they would sell quickly. it’s one of the ones I see people asking for on the BST a lot.

If @hobbygod is coming up with a mid-sized steel, you should definitely keep an eye out for it. Dressel Designs are some of the ones in my collection that i won’t be selling. though I did sell a Fusion to spred the DD love…but I had 2. The Brass ringed, green flame - Felfire (?) is still in my collection while a Gun Metal gray one is in a new home.

enjoy the throw my friends
kgb

2 Likes

Just a different vibe. Should be out the end of the year or early 2024.

4 Likes

Fluid (motion) - full sized, stainless steel, D bearing

We are prototyping it now

Can’t go wrong with the @hobbygod assassin - it’s great also prohibition YoYo just released a full size stainless that I got the opportunity to play at Va states and it was good.

There are options it’s just not an overly easy material to work with.

16 Likes

Holy wowza i need this!!!

3 Likes

cheers for the comments all

was interesting reading

Prohibition Excess

Diameter: 57mm
Width: 46mm
Weight: 65g

1 Like

Prohibition Excess is really really good. I got mine in a couple days ago and loving it. I think it’s one of the most normal SS yoyos out there.

Most SS throws are undersized or organic, and the few other full sized competition level performers like the Uracsus and the Lisianthus are very very expensive.

2 Likes

Any news on the fluid!?

1 Like

Still in prototype phase we are back and forth on whether the D bearing was the right choice

2 Likes

It was. Any of your testers who didn’t think so can sell me their proto :smiley:

1 Like

Mainly just myself and @hesperaux feel that way everyone else loves it, but it’s a small test pool of folks we just always make sure each YoYo we release is amazing

4 Likes

Can I ask what play aspect flipped that switch for you two? Stoked either way!

For me, it was just a little more center weighted than I would like. Deviates from the motion brand in my opinion. I also felt like it lacked spin time.
However, putting a better bearing in it did help with that. The stock bearings we got with the protos weren’t great this time. Weird because they were fine with the other D bearing yoyo we made. Sometimes they just have bad luck.

The D bearing SS will probably end up being lighter and more rim weighted if possible. We’ve sketched a new version but it’s on pause for right now.
And there might be a C bearing version also (two releases).

1 Like

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CKXQR5B7
came across this Ad while browsing some facebook groups

70$ is a bit steep for newcomer generic brand

nevermind

that their youtube has watieboo yoyos :sweat_smile:

oasis by dressel design
dink by jake bullock
mobile gamer by rain city skills
apathy by empath
SS koi by yoyofreinds
thorest new by yoyoempire