Stainless Steel Yoyos

Has a full size stainless steel yoyo ever been done before? Top-yo has now made a full size, 56mm diameter yoyo out of it.

158 Likes, 7 Comments - TOPYO (@topyo_official) on Instagram: “T.S. TOPYO full size full stainless steel yoyo 160USD #TOPYO #ts #stainlesssteel #yoyo #yoyonews…”
Insane

6 Likes

Very interesting and unique but it’s probably not the best player

They had to make the whole yoyo that thin just to keep it at a reasonable weight

The organic loving, rim weight hating folks will probably love this though

5 Likes

I’m also very curious how that will play. I’m skeptical with (what appears to be) such even weight distribution due to the thin walls.

2 Likes

In an era where there’s a huge group of casual players who doesn’t care about rimweight and praise evenly-weight distributed yoyos, this might be interesting.

6 Likes

I literally said “very interesting and unique” :thinking:

2 Likes

this yoyo is literally 2 miniature kitchen bowls… I want it

9 Likes

This is gonna be… interesting. Because 0.6mm is almost as thin as Ti, but steel is so much heavier that they can’t actually use a thicker wall anywhere else… can they? So this is 0.6mm constant thickness throughout the cup? :thinking:

Looks like it is $160, not sure where / how anyone can buy it.

3 Likes

Almost everywhere. With only 50 pieces, the split between all of those stores is going to be bad. I’m gonna try to get one though.

2 Likes

5 per store :joy:

4 Likes

Im a n e r d, so i nerd out on most things, but i am not very good not gonna lie

After taking a 2 year break I had to learn what is an sf

4 Likes

SF Yoyos?

1 Like

Ya, like who are these new brands that now have exist. Sf cool, which is exactly why i wanna buy a cadence later when that blue one drops

1 Like

Getting one today! Super hyped as this is the kind of yo-yo that I like to collect. I like to collect yo-yos with weird and different weight distributions as well as different concepts of design

7 Likes

Mama mia

Share thoughts please

1 Like

I have one of these now. It’s… interesting. Plays OK. Steel certainly feels much different in the hand than Titanium or Aluminum.

Over time that inevitable extra center weight makes it feel like you’re playing with a nice but somewhat experimental yo-yo on a planet where things weigh a little more and gravity pulls just a little harder on everything.

6 Likes

Thanks for your review! I’ve been kicking myself for not picking one of these up when I had the chance. Doesn’t sound like it it would have been a good fit for me.

1 Like

I like it, Plays a bit heavier than I expected, does feel like a tweener between AL and TI. Has plenty of stability and feeling of rim weight and power.

3 Likes

I also enjoy the T.S.
Unboxing was cool.
The density of the metal can definitely be felt on the string; it almost started to feel like I was doing reps. :muscle:t4:
Plays very casually, whilst retaining spin and stability. At least you’ll want to play this thing casually - as it feels like it could wreck you if you mess up.
Definitely do not have anything that plays like it.
Good job TopYo.

3 Likes

Played a TS at club, definitely agree with the above, it has a beefiness that’s unique to itself, not like alu or ti - I would love to try an organic SS one day

3 Likes