Oasis by Dressel Designs! - Organic Stainless Steel D Bearing YoYo! - Available Tonight at 7:00pm Et!

Oasis_Feature

Oasis joins Dressel Designs’ vast array of organic and D bearing yoyos, featuring a distinct mid-school design flavor. Since Dressel Designs’ first-ever release, the Assassin, launched back in 2021, they’ve been eager to release another steel yoyo.

There’s something special about a well-designed stainless steel yoyo, and Dressel Designs’ team realized they hit the jackpot from the first throw. When done properly, it has a premium feel in all aspects of play and performance without a very steep price tag. With Oasis, they wanted to explore a larger diameter than the Assassin without going overboard, focusing on the most comfortable and enjoyable yoyo experience. With this in mind, they set out to design an organic with a wide but not too wide body, and angled and rounded end curves for a yoyo you will not want to (and don’t have to) put down!

Blackout-Oasis Blackout-Oasis-02 Blackout-Oasis-03

From the start, Dressel Designs knew they wanted steel since it is the perfect material to bring a yoyo wherever you want, without feeling the guilt of dropping an expensive titanium design. Steel is a very strong material when used properly, but it can get expensive and brittle at larger sizes, so they design around a mid-sized organic to keep the qualities of steel they love and enjoy. This also allows them to offer a fresh thermocline in relation to other steel yoyos on the market, finding a sweet spot between 53 and 54mm diameter.

In play, the yoyo maneuvers easily, letting its 63.7 grams shine when bouncing and shaking between your string layers and trick creations. Dressel Designs’ new Hybrid D bearing ensures snappy binds and regens, enhancing the overall play experience of this yoyo. It features a very large and easy IRG to hit any thumb or talon grinds you may want, and a mindful and flavorful hub design with a drop of water rippling across the center.

12 Likes

Looks like the specs are for the Assassin atm. :nerd_face:

2 Likes

Anyone played this? I’m intrigued lol

2 Likes

I’ve played both the proto v1 and production for several months now. Ask away if you have any questions.

2 Likes

What’s are your impressions feel wise?

2 Likes

Disclosure:
I want to preface this to keep not only myself honest but also to disclose my affiliation with Dressel. This is a biased take as I work closely with Patrick and am a big fan of his designs, this subconscious bias will play into everything I say below. I really dont like when reviewers say they are going to be honest and that getting free stuff doesnt cloud their judgement, so this is more of a personal thing.

Thoughts:
Overall it is a very balanced throw. Has plenty of power proportional to its overall weight and size. The weight is pretty deceptive at ~63g, but if you have ever tried a 5050 you will be accustomed to how well Dressel is able to balance weight, size and power. In terms of power and sloppy play resilience, top notch. Tanks through dense tech and will keep its plane even at slower speeds. The maneuverability is great again due to its balanced presentation of power and low weight. In hand comfort is great which organics are known for.

5 Likes

if you were to associate the playstyle with a color what color would it be

3 Likes

3 Likes

i see the vision.

2 Likes

Thanks!!!’

1 Like

Im confused about the diameter. One place it says between 53 and 54 mm, but on YoYoExpert it says 46.5 mm.

1 Like

Specs updated! - Also OASIS is LIVE!!! - SUCH A FUN THROW!!! Great job @hobbygod :heart:

5 Likes

Thanks!

1 Like

Thank you all for checking this one out!! It’s easily my favorite design we’ve done in a bit, and uses steel a lot differently than most designs out there. It’s super pleasant to hold bc of how comfy the rims are, and the playfeel is really light and nimble with tight d bearing binds! Enjoy everyone!

Edit: thank you all for the sellout! Still plenty raw on our home site

15 Likes

@hobbygod any plans on doing another run. I ended up missing out on this one but I’m really intrigued by it and hope to get my hands on one at some point.

4 Likes

They still have raw in stock at

2 Likes

There’s raw left on our site. Gonna see if yye and a few other retailers want a restock

2 Likes

Thanks! I’ll look into it. Just bought a nation so my yoyo budget needs a break for a week or two at least but I’ve always wanted a full SS Yoyo and I love what you guys did with the 5050 so I may have to invest

3 Likes

The rise of @hobbygod as a legitimately elite yoyo designer who is sought out by boutique companies to help bring the design of their dreams to life has been wonderful to behold from right here on the YYE forum, from where Patrick launched his yoyo design career, with an abundance of transparency, and encouragement to do the same to us fellow forum members. I treasure my DD Design yoyos, and his collaborations are just as excellent. I can’t wait to get my hands on the Oasis, it’s as close being a guaranteed banger of a yoyo as you can get based on designer faith.

14 Likes

This means so much to me you have no idea. Thank you so much!!

3 Likes