New One Drop...drop ... the Silhouette

Not sure if anyone else is looking at the new One Drop that is about drop, the Silhouette. They are also dropping the prototypes they made as well. I’m getting in on it and throwing in an Intro as well.

8 Likes

I saw that they’re continuing the long running tradition of not taking a profile shot of the yo-yo.

8 Likes

You know, that’s something that crosses my mind every time I visit the site to browse their pieces… Glad it’s not just me.

5 Likes

So many brands do this. It’s insane. Instead of the most important angle they take every other possible picture except a straight forward profile picture.

4 Likes

This is from their Instagram page.

yoyoonedrop

12 Likes

They have more photos on their Flickr account. Idk why those aren’t on the site but they do exist.

Imgur

9 Likes

Yeah and that’s serviceable but why not just turn it right side up and do a normal profile shot?

2 Likes

I agree with you, I can’t buy a yoyo if I don’t see a gap shot.

4 Likes

I absolutely agree. The profile shot is the most important angle.

4 Likes

Looks interesting, confused though - do they come with spike side effects or ultra lights? I’m a sucker for OD’s spike side effects.

I wasn’t tracking what you were saying at first. For me I think either way works for me as long as I can see the profile. I actually had to go look on YYE to remember which way they take the photo😂.

2 Likes

The prototype is heavier and comes with Ultra Lights. The production run is Spikes.

Edit: the production solids come with spikes as well as one of the special colorways. The prototype and special colorways come with ultralights.

3 Likes

Anyone know the weight difference between the proto and normal minus the side effects. Also looks like a good 3a throw.

There is a weight difference so there may be something that is slightly different.

1 Like

Really like the shape of this thing.

Gives me a Batman vibe for some reason.

c994dcd5a09de63a5c1801b8fa2cd1dc64c6b599

7 Likes

Looks nice. Reminds me of one of my favorites, the Wrath. I love shapes like this.

2 Likes

Reminds me of the Burnside. :+1:

perhaps because it is strongly inspired by the ILYY Noctu

4 Likes

Agreed. Looks a lot like the Noctu. Looks like a good player.

3 Likes

I’ve mentioned it elsewhere, but a new ILYY Noctu should happen. Candy blast = Yes.

2 Likes