New One Drop: The Rev

Hi guys, this is my first post here after lurking for a good while, some might recognize my name from Instagram, maybe not. I just wanted to see if anyone has seen the new One Drop posted on their flickr account (click the pic for more)
Imgur
It looks almost exactly like a Top Deck that had a baby with a Virtuoso, pretty much looks like a Top Deck 2. What are your thoughts on this? It looks like its 7075 and might be a slightly lighter Top Deck. I like how they rounded off the rims a little bit as the sharpish rims of the TD were sometimes uncomfortable on the catch.

So what do you all think?

14 Likes

Hey man, Good to see you here!

4 Likes

Whatā€™s up dude, same!

2 Likes

I own both Top Decks and Virtuosos (love them both). Iā€™m very interested in learning what Iā€™d get out of this yoyo that I donā€™t get from my Top Decks and Virutosos already. To my mind, blending the two doesnā€™t seem to offer any meaningful benefits.

2 Likes

But what about the A E S T H E T I C S

2 Likes

That angled inner rim edge looks fantastic. I almost wish it didnā€™t had that line there!

2 Likes

The line is there for a reason ā€¦

6 Likes

They look awesome when to they drop?

1 Like

Itā€™s a small limited run and will only be sold direct from us so I donā€™t want to talk about it too much here. Dropping soon though.

The concept is that each run will be a new revision. Itā€™s a chance for you guys to participate in the behind the scenes of how we develop yoyos. The line is there to indicate this is Rev 1.

8 Likes

Crapb ill have to keep my eyes peeled

1 Like

Really like these

1 Like

:thinking::thinking::thinking::thinking:

3 Likes

No lie, these days this is possibly the single most important factor in my interest in a yo-yo

2 Likes

Same here.
Just about every yo that comes out anymore plays greatā€¦so for me the way a yo looks, and the color it comes in, plays a major role in whether I want it or not.

4 Likes

So, Rev Run 1?

1 Like

Rev 1 as in revision one. Like when doing design work. Your first drawing will be revision number 1. When you go to tweak it the revision number will be 2.

1 Like

I get that, I was trying to make a Run DMC joke. Rev Run is the ā€œRunā€ in Run DMC.

2 Likes

If they keep putting out throws left and right Iā€™ll never get ā€˜em all lol

1 Like

Same I have to be very selective of what I pick up.

1 Like