New metal Duncan Butterfly!

Is it likely that these will only be available on BSTs after Worlds?

I just played both the metal butterfly and the tourney! What you want is the tourney! The metal butterfly feels like a rock while the tourney is light and agile!

2 Likes

Are there any good photos of the Tourney? I have no idea what it is or what it looks like.

Plus the Tourney comes in green.
The Butterfly AL does not.

:stuck_out_tongue:

I heard there are more colors on the way after Worlds. May have a green one after all!

1 Like

I don’t even really care how it plays…if they had a green Butterfly AL, I’d want it just for the collection :green_heart:

The tourney also comes with a WYYC branded butterfly XT. Duncan rep said the WYYC XT’s only available at the contest! Honestly the new xt plays better than they metal butterfly. Hit me up if you want me to pick you up a green tourney/xt Worlds Box! They are 75$.

3 Likes

@TheThrowingGnome they only had splashes left yesterday for the Tourney, those are $5 more so they’d be $80. That is unless they brought more today.

2 Likes

They brought more! :grin:

3 Likes

Does it have the butterfly etching on both halves?

2 Likes

Here’s Owen Ekblad doing a combo with it for anyone curious about it.

6 Likes

Anyone else who’s played this thing have any thoughts?
Have you tried different bearings and responses with it?

I still really want to believe in this thing haha. The whole idea of a metal Butterfly seems SO cool to me. I’m so sad that it might not play too well according to a few people I have respect for who have played it so far.

1 Like

The photos don’t do the Butterfly AL justice, it’s very cool looking. I didn’t get a ton of throws at Worlds. The most iconic yo-yo in history, packaged in a presentation box for World’s and Duncan’s 90 year anniversary, with a Cleveland World contest XT included, was the perfect choice for me.

7 Likes

Do you know if it will be ever in stock at YYE… I’d have picked up that box :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Does it play better with the caps removed? :thinking: I’ve heard a lot of negative on this one.

2 Likes

The caps can be removed? Sure doesn’t look like it. Unless you mean with a hacksaw…

2 Likes

Oh I dunno I heard the covering caps came off. Maybe they don’t, I don’t have one!

2 Likes

The caps do come off, I dont have one, unfortunately. I did however see a post where @YoYoExpertGarrett had removed them from his.

2 Likes

Ahh, interesting. Now I’m more curious about the construction/manufacturing than I am about how it plays!

I still like the idea of modding sidecaps with a hacksaw.

2 Likes