New metal Duncan Butterfly!

This is epic

Also comes in silver

29 Likes

Was wondering if there would be a Butterfly update this year. not sure why they’d put a C bearing in this :disappointed: An A bearing would’ve been great.

11 Likes

I really like the look of that! I wonder if they’ll have them at the contest.

2 Likes

I want one!!!

2 Likes

$50 is the price according to Bind.

2 Likes

Screw apart?

Curious for pokeball halfswap potential. If this is a possibility, and you would like the other one, let me know. I’ll pay all the shipping.

2 Likes

This looks amazing.

2 Likes

haha how awesome!
Where can I find more info on this? I looked on duncan’s official blog but found nothing.

5 Likes

Yes, please. I like the cheap butterfly. Im pretty sure this will be my go to responsive.

3 Likes

What is going on here? This yoyo looks really wrong.

Is that a slimline, wide gap unresponsive yoyo? What is this meant to be used for? Is the bearing meant to be heavily lubed so it is responsive (for which the gap is too wide for 0A) or is it meant for unresponsive (for which the yoyo is too narrow).

Is this meant for beginners? At $50, not likely. Part of what makes the Butterfly what it is, is because it it widely available for very cheap. This is nowhere near cheap enough and I can’t see it sold widely.

11 Likes

They said in a comment that it accepts both c and slim. But most people are probably gonna modern responsive / fixed axle with it

7 Likes

Is there a way to turn a non-fixie into a fixie? Like, maybe a short axle that has some threads on both ends but is smooth in the middle?

2 Likes

Folks have made solid pieces in the shape of a bearing that will turn a yo-yo into a fixed axle. I’ve never personally used one though so I can’t speak to playability.

6 Likes

I’d still love to know where you heard about this thing. I can’t find anything on it.

Better, but still not right.

This is what they should have done:

They should have made it a heavily lubed sealed A bearing yoyo, so that the bearing stays responsive without the need for any maintenance. This would have helped beginners, but allowed more advanced users to swap the bearing if they want. The pads should be the standard A bearing sized pads to match. This setup is fine, forget about making it possible for unresponsive play. There are other cheap yoyos that can be purchased later that would do a much better job.

The price should have been an absolute maximum of $20. Really, around the $12-$15 mark. Butterfly yoyos should be very inexpensive and widely available.

6 Likes

Duncan has been announcing a lot of things on their Instagram lately.

8 Likes

Hey, thanks a lot! Didn’t even think to check their instagram!

2 Likes

Why does it have to be a beginner’s yoyo? They have the regular Butterfly and XT for that department. For me it seems like a good idea to market to long time throwers for nostalgic purposes.

6 Likes

I was actually wanting something like this to happen!

I want one of these things…but $50 is a bit steep for me.
This and the new bi-metal they just announced are really calling to my inner child though for sure!

4 Likes

I think it really should be, yes.

But a beginner’s toy that an advanced 0A thrower can seriously shred!

4 Likes