New metal Duncan Butterfly!

I like the idea of them having a ‘premium’ butterfly that’s geared more towards collectors and enthusiasts though. I don’t know why this should be aimed at beginners at all.

1 Like

I don’t think people really get what I’m saying or what the Butterfly really should be.

7 Likes

It seems Duncan wants to expand the notion of what a Butterfly can be, rather than simply adhering to what it has always been. :man_shrugging:

7 Likes

I agree being an A bearing believer and fan that this should be another A bearing release. However players are going to be shredding this new AL Butterfly just because it will be fun to do so. I’m looking forward to it.

3 Likes

I’m pretty sure Duncan confirmed that this will be compatible with a slim bearing… if that’s the case, I hope it’s included! I would love to play this as a modern responsive.

2 Likes

I love it. Maybe for 100 year anniversary they can do a Duncan Wheel with an A bearing and friction stickers

3 Likes

Coming from someone who truly believes
Duncan = :heart:
For every 1 thing they get right they get 5 other things wrong. @AaronW & @Glenacius_K are right, what were they going for? I’m gonna buy it in every color, but still I’m scratching my head over this confused design.

5 Likes

Yeah this looks weird, also I don’t like the $50 price point. I appreciate the metal remake sentiment, but I think the Tourney looked way better.

5 Likes

Duncan has been this way for quite a while, why they’ve been such a frustration to so many. There is so much potential, but the execution has been spotty far too often.

4 Likes

I dunno - looks pretty cool to me. As to the price point, I’d like to see how it plays before I made a judgement. I also don’t see why it needs to be priced and geared toward beginners. The plastic butterfly and xt still exist, right? Looks fun.

3 Likes

At $25-$30 I would totally be for this. $50 seems really high for what this is, especially given the low-cost Butterfly lineage.

5 Likes

It’s obviously difficult to really tell from a pic but this yoyo looks like it’ll play really play well with a slim bearing. If that’s the case I don’t mind the price tag.

3 Likes

$50 struck me as a bit high, but I think that’s only because it has the name Butterfly on it. If it was called anything else, I don’t think I would’ve given it any more thought. I assume this thing is hollow. In that case, it seems reasonably priced alongside the likes of the Sherpa. I imagine a design like this isn’t the cheapest thing to make.

3 Likes

For the most part, the whole responsive yo-yo with a C bearing should stop :joy: it doesn’t work that great. Yes there are a number of good, and even great examples, but the A bearing is king for responsive.

The cost is coming from its design, I’m sure it’s a hollow body capped yo-yo, like a Pure, Diesis and Sherpa. Those aren’t cheap.

I’ll still get one, but will wait for a used one, can’t justify $50 on something I don’t feel I’m going to love.

3 Likes

The box that appears to come with the one at Worlds is worth $25 to me. That said 50 wing wangs ain’t so bad considering.

7 Likes

All I see is more packaging that’s going into the recycling :recycle:

1 Like

Oh hell no. Look at the laser engraved artwork. That’s heirloom quality right there.

5 Likes

Eh, I’m just not a “keep all the packaging” kinda guy I guess.

3 Likes

If I played responsive I would be interested in this. Wouldn’t pay 50 bucks for it though.

1 Like

China made heirloom quality?

Nah.

2 Likes