2023 Aluminum Butterfly

Anybody tried em? How does it compare to the Butterfly AL?

12 Likes

Looked up the specs the other day for each.

The new one is larger diameter, wider, lighter, and has delrin caps.

Also “a” bearing instead of c

6 Likes

I wonder what the weight is without the delrin caps?

4 Likes

@drewtetz Quote

High Praise :clap:

12 Likes

Im dummy excited for this one lol. I’ve bought 2 for a watermelon halfswap lol

8 Likes

Woah. I’m in now for sure!

6 Likes

Yeah, that tipped the scales for me too. I just ordered a green one. I’m wondering how similar it will feel to the Weekender.

5 Likes

Love it. Looks like someone melted a candle into the side of the yoyo. I didn’t have much interest in the original aluminum Butterfly, but this looks amazing.

4 Likes

I ordered the teal Butterfly. Drew’s endorsement sealed the deal.

The Imperial looks awesome but I have no idea how it will play. I decided to hold off on one for now.

7 Likes

Where are y’all buying these new AL Butterflies?

6 Likes

Yeah, I can’t see wanting a 62g ball bearing Imperial, personally.

2 Likes

Pm’d

3 Likes

It looks pretty sharp on the edge, and yet I’m super curious. Whoever gets one, please post what it’s like!

12 Likes

I can’t imagine any world where this this is going to be comfortable to catch. Those raised bumps just confuse me so much. Rims like that kill a lot of comp throws for people. So do you really want small and thin rims smacking your palm (or knuckles :grimacing: ) on a metal responsive yoyo? This just seems like a recipe for pain.

That being said the new Butterfly AL seems awesome, it fixed like every complaint I had with the original. Especially with the Drew Tetz seal of approval I feel like there’s no way it isn’t going to be great.

8 Likes

I almost wonder is the imperial will play somewhat like an RBC with higher walls for better kickflips. That could be way off though.

3 Likes

Is there any word on what size the caps are? I ordered the green and I’m super hyped on this. Drew’s mention has me giddy for a robust aluminum stall machine. If the caps fit I would like to squeeze some pink butterfly caps in there!

3 Likes

Can somebody PM me and let me know where these are available? I’ve checked my usual sources and come up empty.

2 Likes

PM’d.

3 Likes

So according to the Duncan site, the new Aluminum Butterfly is supposed to come with stickers:

“NOTE: This includes two pair of Butterfly Logo and two pair of Psychedelic Logo stickers! With or without logo, this yo-yo looks super sleek.”

But mine didn’t come with anything but a white string. What’s up with that? :confounded:

5 Likes

i already emailed the retailer, stickers are coming in a second shipment apparently

5 Likes