NEW Kitty String, disappointed

I just ordered some of the new Kitty String (FAT) and its a whole 2 inches shorter than the original. I don’t like it… anyone experience the same? Is this related to the “Class”. The stuff I ordered is “First Class” and I read that its wound in a new special way. There is a class of “Sub-Standard” . Does that maybe refer to the old string? How about “Circa” or “Others”???

Is there a trick to opening these darn bags too? I don’t get it!

4 Likes

Being new to unresponsive yo-yo, I assumed it was my ability, but since you mention it, I don’t like the bag I got either. I should just put it on the BST in case better throwers can use it, but I have trouble with a lot of wider gap yoyos binding on whips. I ordered a 10 pack of the older Kitty Fat and those are great and bind better for me. My 2c. I’m not too tall so the length doesn’t bother me (and I recently ordered a bunch of Goldilocks from @BadWolfeCo so I’m not using them anyway).

4 Likes

Nice to read a different oppinion, I always read only good things about those. The bags, yeah, people just destroy it, the good stuff is that velcro… Besides string being shorter, any other difference?

2 Likes

The rest of the types haven’t been released yet. The only ones around are the first class.

1 Like

Check out Original Throw, it’s better and cheaper than Kitty imo. It holds tension better, slacks better, keeps bounce for longer which I enjoy. OT doesn’t offer XL or a poly nylon blend so check out Sochi for that stuff as well. I wish all these companies offered longer string though, as a taller person.

4 Likes

Check out monekyfinger vines, they make a extra long option but markmount strings have a extremely long option which is 65 inches

1 Like

never liked kitty string, now they changed the pack into plastic which is harmful to the environment. i used OT, soch. they’re nice but the MOST AWESOME one is 84string. they’re beautiful, long lasting, soft to the touch and peform tricks super well

1 Like

Yysl is sooooooo good

3 Likes

Twisted stringz are very long and in my opinion play similar to the OT strings. I feel like twisted stringz are better for slacks but are not as long lasting . Both great strings in my opinion

1 Like

Are slacks the binds where you use your throw hand to sort of whip the string into the gap? Those are the ones that the new Kitty Fat don’t work as well for me on.

1 Like

Slacks are any trick that utilize the slack of your string

1 Like

Weird, did you measure both strings together or does it just feel shorter?

I just measured a couple of both First Class Fat and OG Kitty Fat to check. They’re just about the same length. Within a few millimeters I would say, definitely not inches. The OG Kitty Fat (bottom) was slightly longer, but not by much. Both around 50-51 laid flat and 54ish pulled taut.

Length seemed fine to me, but I don’t need string to be much longer than 54 inches. I think it’s a nice improvement over the originals. It breaks in nice and soft, lasts longer, and there’s a little more bounce to it. String is all personal preference though, not everyone will like the same thing.

This I can agree with. I have no idea why the openings on the bags is so small! lol

10 Likes

Thank you everyone for the replies. I will be trying some of your suggestions.

@YoYoExpertGarrett . Here is a pic of the 2 bags of fat as compared to my old stuff. Weird, maybe its just inconsistencies in their new process.

Either way, I’m done with the stuff for this mix-up and that plastic bag that makes absolutely no sense.

First 4 persons to speak up (DM) can have a handful. Just cover shipping and I’ll send you 1/2 pack. Ive got green and orange, both are FAT. No bag… I threw it out! :slight_smile: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: I’m done whining.

3 Likes

I’ma long string boy myself I’m 6’2 and play about bottom of sternum length. I tried the new alphaline from zipline and Sochi and its also too short compared to regular sochi. So if you’re looking for good cheap bulk long enough string. I personally suggest regular old sochi. I’m sure there are other great brands and what not but sochi hasn’t done me wrong. I’ve tried MFD vines and kitty all the same. I love my boutique strings but i’m talking bulk here

1 Like

I bet you’re keeping the string strap though, right?

1 Like

How’s the alpha line like? Is it super soft? Also is the thickness more like sochi fat or more like Sochi normal?

1 Like

Could you compare OT normal with Sochi normal?

I want to try their strings but idk if they’re soft enough for my tastes.

1 Like

I LOVE OT string, and while I have not tested out many different types of string before, OT seemed pretty soft to me. I cannot compare it to Sochi, but OT is great.

2 Likes

Sounds great, they are much cheaper than a lot of other options as well. Was thinking of getting a pack of alpha line and OT. Currently using Sochi Normals but they are actually kinda rough, it’s just that they have some sort of oil or lubricant on them that makes it easy to glide my finger through which is why I use them. Don’t like my yoyos and the place I store those sochis getting oily though.

2 Likes

No clue about normal I always use fat or thicker for 1a. Original Throw is much more tightly wound than Sochi, which means it doesn’t get weird when taken on and off yoyos multiple times nearly as easily. It stays fresh for longer, and holds tension slightly better. They are comparable in quality though, you may prefer Sochi if you want something less bouncy.

3 Likes