New Gorilla on the block

Akiba dropping a Chobigorilla snippet. Looks dope, I’ve been wondering what a mono version would be like.

What’s everyone’s thoughts on the chopsticks gorilla?
I feel like I don’t see it talked about much, it’s a bit underrated from my perspective.

19 Likes

I’ve always thought the chopsticks gorilla was an is an excellent yo-yo.

I think what happened at the time it was released that several other pretty good buy metal yo-yos were released.

Although the chopsticks gorilla was very good, it just kind of blended in with the other ones and people moved onto the next new thing coming out.

I have a lot of yo-yo recreation stuff. I don’t have everything. But I have a good number of designs going back many years.

I have the purple chopsticks with the blasted gold colored rings.

If I ever started selling yo-yos, that particular yo-yo would be one of the last ones I would let go of.

Great yo-yo… As you said… Seems kind of underrated

But so many bimetal yo-yos that have come out in the last several years are so darn good. I guess you could say a lot of yo-yos seem to be underrated. The reason just because the perfusion of them that are really pretty damn good.

If you don’t have one, try to get one. If you have one, you know, it’s a keeper. That’s why you don’t see him very often on the BST.

3 Likes

I hear that.

I’m laughing because I actually just traded mine :rofl: but for another sought after throw of mine
@LX_Emergency you’ll have to weigh in and let me know what you think of it!

Definitely bagging this next gorilla that drops, whenever that is.

1 Like

I thought chopstick gorilla it was such a nice yoyo both for tech and obviously for chopsticks, string rejection was very good, a great amount of spin time and I did like the shape quite a lot, overall it was a super good yoyo for a certain type of playing, very stable as well!

I think this one will be probably something similar, looks great thought, would love to try it, the video is super good

3 Likes

Should arrive this week some time. Looking forward to it

2 Likes

Is it for sale yet?

1 Like

I’m talking about the regular one not this new one

2 Likes

Really nice video! Gotta love chopsticks!

1 Like

I can’t find any other reference to chobigorilla on the interwebs. So unless it’s under another name.
But YYR site doesn’t have anything about it either.

Not for sale yet it seems. There are some more photos on their twitter.

1 Like

I’m getting one of these no doubt.

2 Likes

Looks good. I have always been intrigued by Chopsticks Gorilla. Will definitely buy a mono version.

1 Like

I always wanted a chopsticks gorilla but never pulled the trigger. Maybe now is the time

1 Like

Enjoyed the video that is pure chopstick gold. Know not about the yoyo but from my POV it not the yoyo its the skill and enjoyment to pick it up that makes the yoyo.
And towards performance Augie Fash can make a brick look like A Ti yoyo okyo waiting on you Mr.Fash…
Great video. Thanks for sharing.

2 Likes

Chopstick gorilla is an amazing bimetal undersized. It’s fantastic and feels like an absolute top tier quality yoyo. If you can grab a chopstick on bst you will not regret it.

2 Likes

I said it several times -
Chopsticks gorilla to me is the best example of a class defining YoYo. Its nearly perfect for what it is, I have no clue why it’s not shouted from the rooftops honestly

6 Likes

Haha, I’ve been working on some new chopsticks tricks actually!

3 Likes

Yes!

Chopsticks Gorilla is objectively the BEST chopsticks yoyo I’ve ever tried. (And chopsticks are in general difficult for me because I don’t have huge hands / long fingers.)

I prefer my TP MGB in general, and reach for it more often, but Chopsticks Gorilla is class defining for sure. Great way to put it. They knocked it out of the park.

7 Likes

Right!

This mono one will be fun.

Does anyone know how the YYR TM feels compared to the gorilla?

Seems to be in the same ballpark but I’ve never Thrown one so I’m curious

I have not played with turning point yoyo as to this date on posting. So i can not speak on how i would do; i see the yoyo chopsticks gorilla i have small hands and when i do play with chopsticks best size for me is caferacer or my mini star yoyo. Both are mono metal and move really quick i just know in my given history i move faster then yoyo any size i do get sloppy. So yes sir its the skill that i enjoy the yoyo is the tool to let the crowed know dang that is skills my man.

5 Likes