New release from Yoyorecreation - The Chopsticks Gorilla!

The latest Yoyoreceration release is a signature model for 2019 Japan Champion Hirotaka Akiba! Akiba’s unique play style has earned him the nickname Chopsticks Gorilla, so it’s the perfect name for his signature yo-yo!

With a chopstick heavy play style you typically want a yo-yo with a slightly smaller diameter to increase trick accuracy. With a 54 mm diameter, the Chopsticks Gorilla is definitely smaller than most competition level yo-yos, but in play it has all the power and stability of a much larger model.

A small yo-yo with enough stability to combat tilt through intense hops and horizontal combos; The Chopsticks Gorilla meets the champion level performance required by Akiba. Fitted with HKMT Grip-N response and Yoyorecreation DS bearing, this yo-yo is ready to perform!

18 Likes

@MoonageMin, @twitch77 seems this guy was just a couple of weeks too late for the Mexican Duck Pond Challenge

2 Likes

This one reminds me a lot of the Mowl Surveillance.

1 Like

Ugh such good specs

I wish it weighed in at 63g and came in pink

2 Likes

Super stable, best undersized yoyo in my opinion!

1 Like

:scream::scream::scream: the gorilla is here!!!

Honestly really been waiting for someone to review it cause seems like a dope throw :raised_hands:t4:

2 Likes

@YoYoExpertGarrett any idea if other colours are coming? There is this pic on yyr website:

but everywhere I look, only the grey/black is available. I love the specs, bit the colourway is not my cup of tea.

4 Likes

Green/Gold was only limited in yyr online store and it had already sold out in mid- December.

3 Likes

@twitch77

2 Likes

Let us know how it plays! :raised_hands:t4:

2 Likes

I dont get how its priced at $185

2 Likes

Pretty standard for YYR.

3 Likes

I imagine it is machined in China under their AE sub-brand. If it was a purely Japanese YYR product, it would be priced somewhere around $275.

2 Likes

FWIW I’ve heard from people that I think know what they are talking about that there’s no noticeable difference in quality between the lines.

2 Likes