New Gorilla on the block

:blush: hometown hero yeah!!!

1 Like

Chopsticks Gorilla Specifications:

Diameter: 53.91 mm / 2.12 inches
Width: 43.00 mm / 1.69 inches
Gap Width: 4.50 mm / 0.18 inches
Weight: 65.15 grams
Bearing Size: Size C (.250 x .500 x .187)
Response: 19mm Slim Pad Size
Material: 7075 Aluminum w/ Stainless Steel Rims
  • Turning Point MGB yo-yo

This yo-yo is designed for string tricks and has the following specs:

• Weight: 66.3 g
  • Diameter: 51.95 mm
  • Width: 46.09 mm
  • Trapeze width: 44 mm
  • Body shape: H-profile
  • Body material: Aluminum (6061)
  • Rim: Stainless steel
  • Bearing type: Center Trac Bearing
  • Axle: M4 x 12 mm
  • String: C3 Pro String (Fat) x100
  • Bearing: CLYW x iYoYo Pixel Bearing
  • Pad: REWIND Japan Pad

Mini Star
Web1.173193431 std225x96
Manufacturer General Yo
Release date (please complete)
Shape Butterfly
Color Various
Weight 62.5 g
Dimensions Diameter… 48.36mm

Width… 36.10mm
Material 6061 Aluminum
Bearing size AIGR
Response system Hat Pads

1 Like

So for update version on the mono metal chopsticks i have not found…
Yeah its looks like i just have to wait.

Chobi Gorilla is now online.

Diameter: 49.5mm
Width: 42mm
Weight: 67g

3 Likes

Oh wow its smaller and much heavier…

3 Likes

I cant wait for this thing , i wish it was a touch bigger in diameter but that 67g is right in my wheelhouse

2 Likes

Now I’m wondering if an updated bi-metal is on the way. . .

1 Like

Sorry, but I’m afraid of heights. I stood on my tiptoes one day to reach a can of beans in a kitchen cupboard and the altitude made me air sick.

I’ve been shouting from the basement for years about the chopsticks gorilla. But nobody can hear me.

It such a good yo-yo, regardless of skill level. It’s almost like that yo-yo that you throw when you’re dreaming at night.

When your sleeping and you dream, if you’re hunting the gun you’re using always hits right where you’re pointing it. If you’re flying an airplane in your dreams directly into a mountain, at the very last second, you can pull back on the stick and no matter how steep that mountain is, your dream plane Will fly over it. Put on your bowling shirt before you go to sleep at night. When you wake up in the morning, you’ll be happier looking at yourself in the mirror and knowing that you threw nothing but strikes all night. Dreams are like that.

The Chopsticks Gorilla is one of the most overlooked, underrated yo-yos still made today.
And it plays great whether you’re dreaming or not…

2 Likes

Keep shouting from the basement

Ordering this thing in ASAP.

Hopefully delivery is quick

I know that while in my play time i am still trying to copy mark Montgomery in a video that took him 3 days to do, and i am still after all these years not able to get past the first 15 seconds so in my mind the question on building a routine around just one element is challenging, what would be advice to keep focus i just have to admit after a while i feel like i am playing cat cradle so yeah i still play your video most time its like your stage performance says it all throw the yoyo in the hat and keep going your smile and joy in presentation helps not to give up.

So when you do make a new chopstick routine i can say yeah he did practice allot more then i can imagine. So i can say like trevor and his friend get them aguie your the best in my eyes like Mark cause you live your hobbies and your smile while in play worth saying love you for being yourself.

P.S. your chopstick video i love like in slow motion you are in my room teaching and the superwide video one day love to ask in person can ya slow down and show me what i see is the right string not the knot string cat cradle all the time. :blush::clap::raised_hands::clap::raised_hands::clap::raised_hands::clap::raised_hands::clap::clap::raised_hands::clap::raised_hands::clap::raised_hands::clap::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1:

Chopsticks Gorilla Specifications:

Diameter: 53.91 mm / 2.12 inches
Width: 43.00 mm / 1.69 inches
Gap Width: 4.50 mm / 0.18 inches
Weight: 65.15 grams
Bearing Size: Size C (.250 x .500 x .187)
Response: 19mm Slim Pad Size
Material: 7075 Aluminum w/ Stainless Steel Rims

Where did your source the specs not seen

The size make a new yoyo that like looking at the monsteR and the IQ. Wow that pushing it to call it the same yoyo can i get away and call diet chopsticks mini???

The specs

hsb

2d

Chobi Gorilla is now online.

Diameter: 49.5mm
Width: 42mm
Weight: 67g

The weight i can see not to be a bi metal to keep rotation to axle and cup edge the Diameter its more then trim on the baber chair and the width that like calling slim what the gap with ???

The specs are from YYR’s site.

Assuming that they are correct, yeah, its a pretty significant difference. This is why I wonder if a new (smaller) bimetal might be planned.

Or it could just be to make the entire concept more accessible. More controllable with the extra weight and easier to do chopstick tricks with the smaller dimensions. That tracks with a lower priced mono and Akiba Hirotaka’s comment on the video (granted, translated) “I want everyone who wants to enjoy the chopstick trick to get it”.

Or maybe it is a Blur Autoscopy type deal where its just way different while being part of the same line.

Just speculation here.

2 Likes

Well just my two cents.
I not enlightened to say to be all if my mind is creating the yoyo that is signature i see why the price 200$ on first release do to dale bell night moves bi metal first one in my eyes yes YOYO JAM. The design and patients to get around copy right so with greater usage development created such other companies to follow for players demands: like flores and Duncan over time with courts to appeal complaints we can all use yoyo to not pay user fee on registered patients i.e. — pat pending:

To my point view its then the creator Like Mr. Erine the General yo did with his bi metal mini star its updated IQ for my mini star that is 15 16 years old…

To go mono metal and smaller first is it the players preference like Brandon Vu offset line to offer opportunity option with focus competition or as casual entry throw.

Now the question i have it is on price wholesale manufactor and for me price point.

No i would not pay 200$ for bi metal that a goose egg so the mono would it be my entry to play affordable price point for me or i have to wait on review or B S T if it is priced like something yoyo from japan i well have to wait another 11 years before i play with it look at my post i still have all that i could manage to keep when i was living out a storage unit my dude when life hits people take all they see is value for you to lose…

So ultimately its the skill that i value and the voice i share in chat that keep me to want to play…

Best wishes on the new release

1 Like

Yes i would get it. In time i have want i need at the moment…
Yes this is great deal for entry price and play investment…
Yes i will have this yoyo more then likely before i buy ps whatwhever number it is at GTA6.

YES Again thank you posting and sharing chopsticks is great.

2 Likes

Thanks for posting such great news i would have known about it just got back online after many years so it felt great to catch up when i get it i let you know if it can thumb grind like the mini star mono metal or it like the cafe racer the speeder if i compared the two…

Again thanks posting :v:

2 Likes

CHOBIGORILLA is the BOMB. :fire:

1 Like