New from Duncan - FH1 Titanium & FH1AL Small Bearing!

Titanium FH1:

From Duncan: Our first-ever titanium yo-yo and one of our most awaited designs, the Freehand Ti - Large Bearing. The picture says it all. The body is the classic original Freehand design, with caps and a large bearing. So what’s the big deal? This one is titanium with aluminium caps.

We were actually pretty skeptical about releasing a luxury version of the Freehand. We asked ourselves if it was even worth it, or if it would even play differently compared to our previous Freehand releases… There were so many questions that made us really hesitant to proceed with its design. However, at some point, we just had to try. So we gave it a shot, and, as it turned out, having the Freehand made of titanium made a HUGE difference. Our initial goal was really just to make a cool collectors item, but what we ended up with was a true juggernaut of performance and style: The perfect high-performance yo-yo for the most devoted yo-yo collector.

Working with titanium allowed us to significantly thin down the wall for the Freehand Ti, which massively improved the performance of the yo-yo. Making the wall as thin as possible was tough, though, so the prototyping process was extensive. It’s still got that classic feeling, but the body is lightweight and the weight is well-distributed, which allowed us the freedom to add caps to this design, something we thought was key. What’s a Freehand without caps, anyway?

This specific design and weight is a one-time run due to the complexity of the design and assembly—We apologize for the limited availability. This model is really something special, though, and we are really proud of the product we were able to release to you with the Freehand Ti!

Releasing Friday 10/1 @ 8PM EDT.

FH1 AL Small Bearing:

The release of the Freehand One AL with big bearing was a great throwback and an instant classic, but we weren’t satisfied with just that: We felt there was more to the Freehand experience that we hadn’t conveyed, and the Freehand One AL with small bearing really gives you that full Freehand One experience that we were after.

The small bearing gives you some really snappy binds due to its smaller gap, which gives the Freehand One AL with small bearing some really neat old-school vibes. Every throw is a guaranteed blast from the past, and the original Freehand shape is the cherry on top.

A staple feature of smaller bearings is the naturally smaller gap, which challenges you to get better at controlling the yo-yo, effectively refining your yo-yo play. After testing this yo-yo for months, there were two features we identified that stood out the most:

irst, the amount of sheer joy it gives you when you play with it is incomparable to other yo-yos. Seriously. It’s just like the original plastic FH1 but made of metal. How fun is that? Second, it’s a great yo-yo to practice with: It really forces you to control your tricks and your body in each motion.

This new small bearing Freehand One AL comes with a small flat bearing (Size A) with a semi-tug responsive feeling; enough for quick regen, stalls, and all other sorts of throwback tricks! To make your Freehand One AL small bearing entirely unresponsive, we recommend switching to a Size A Dif-E-Yo bearing.

Releasing Friday 10/1 @ 8PM EDT.

13 Likes

Is there only a handful here?

5 Likes

I think its about the limited production run of the FHTi

1 Like

Question on the specs for the FH1AL - Small Bearing.

It mentions 19mm slim pads, but they dont look like 19mm slim pads. What are the actual pads? CBC/yyf small pads?

The copy also mentions the A-bearing gives a “more narrow gap”, but the gap width is listed as the same 4.5mm as the normal FH1AL.

3 Likes

What comes in the box @YoYoExpertGarrett ?

3 Likes

I second that question and add specifically what caps should we expect with each model. If I gotta shell 350 wing-wangs for an Unknown I hope I get all the caps.

10 Likes

Welcome back!!!

And ditto to that.

3 Likes

The Unknown is def going to be more than $350 and probably won’t come with the other caps.

3 Likes

unknown seems to be $399.99

2 Likes

I want one but that just seems slightly unreasonable, unless it came with all the different caps. Which it won’t.

5 Likes

The Standard and 20th versions come with the White caps shown in the group shot. The Unknown version comes with White Unknown caps. All 3 come with both counterweights shown in the group shot as well.

4 Likes

Ok then, says the guys who invented the $$$$ (cough, cough, Mg, cough, cough) YoYo. Gesh

3 Likes

Wonder how many they made?

Glad it’s 38mm wide so I don’t have to get one. If it was the same width as the Freehand One Al I’d have been in trouble again!!

Thought I would but this here, the first video ever featuring the Original Freehand

3 Likes

Bryan posted the actual numbers so look below at his comments

2 Likes

Copped s gold/silver!!!

5 Likes

Bryan is doing a raffle for proto’s for anyone who bought a small bearing fh1 Al or titanium fh1 Al. Chat me if you need any help finding it.

5 Likes

Could the Ti version be used for standard 1a style throwing, or is it really specifically for 5a only? Forgive the probably quite uneducated question.

1 Like

Absolutely! The freehands all make great 1a throws

3 Likes