New basecamp yoyo!

Oh, thanks! ;D

solid???
and how they could work it?!?!?

How is everyone liking the Sherpa?

Had mine for about a week now, have tried it primarily responsive. Right out of the box mine was dead unresponsive, even with the slim bearing. Added a few drops of Brain Lube to it and it was responsive again. Kicker was, the Large C bearing it came with was 100% responsive :smiley:

Iā€™ve tried it with the slim bearing and the large bearing both responsive, not super crazy about it right now. Going to put an unresponsive bearing in it and try that for awhile, maybe Iā€™ll prefer it that way :slight_smile:

Sherpa looks cool. Compared to the Moonshineā€¦ How do you like it?
How do you play your Moonshine typically?!

I LOVE my Moonshine and have been checking out the Sherpa but have yet to pull the trigger on it.

I like the Moonshine a whole lot more. I play the Moonshine with the slim bearing, responsive.

2 Likes

Just plain individual preference.

Iā€™ve had a Moonshine since before they were ā€˜releasedā€™. I really like it.

I have a few Sherpas.

I personally like the Sherpa more.

Some people might want to compare it to the SPYY Pure(which cost several times more money) but I donā€™t see any point to that compā€¦

The Sherpa was not made to replace any yoyo you have.

The Sherpa was produced simply to add more fun and expand your yoyo horizon.

It is worth every penny.

:flushed::flushed: Note> for the best ā€˜responsiveā€™ feel/play; put one drop of thick lube on the thin bearing.

The thin bearing will most likely be dry. The slight drag from the lube will give a more powerful feel on the throw down and a more consistent return. JFYI

3 Likes

Yep 100% preference :slight_smile:

Sherpa didnā€™t hit me like I thought it would, maybe I had too high of expectations. But some of my favorite yoyos now are ones I didnā€™t like too much at first. Going to set it up with the large C bearing tonight and play it some more. Itā€™s definitely one Iā€™m going to hang on to, extremely unique.

Got a brown one setup with a regular unresponsive flat bearing, really like this setup. I actually like the Sherpa more than I thought I would, for me itā€™s a step above the moonshine in terms of unresponsive play.

Big fan!

1 Like