Need Recommendations

So I’m an old guy here that has been out of it for about 10 years. Have been watching a lot of videos and am looking to tryout an unresponsive. So am looking at recommendations preferably staying with aluminum since the responsive ones I have are that but am open to any suggestion to help point me in the right direction. There are just so many out there that the more I look and read and review the more confused I become. So any help would be great.

Magic yoyo Y01 node is what you are looking for, 20 bucks and perfection

I dunno if I would go with magicyoyo… I’d pick something from TopYo personally, like the Colossus:

2 Likes

As I recall, aluminum yoyos from that era could readily be made unresponsive by cleaning the bearing and either lightly, or not lubing the bearing. I’ve been there…

There is a reason there are so many great yo-yos out there. The only thing I suggest is to get something that you think will make it easier for the type of tricks you want to practice.
Everyone’s idea of an ‘old guy’ is different, but I usually qualify ( I always qualify for being out of it) … the stuff I learned first was all responsive based tricks and I enjoy some of the semi-responsive throws that are available now, but if I am stumped on a trick I go through a variety of different yo-yos to see if one is easier to work with than another. If you are just wanting a completely unresponsive throw, the biggest difference you may notice is the diameter, width, and weight, maybe shoot for middle of the pack.