Responsive Throw Suggestions

Hi,
I’m looking for suggestions for a responsive yoyo.
I started out with a YYF one and learnt the very basics with it, but soon found I was struggling with other tricks and ended up stopped for a bit.
At the suggestion of a fellow forum member I got a magic n12 and started learning unresponsive and working my way through the yoyoexpert trick list.
I’m progressing much better with the n12 and so far I like it.
However I noticed that there are still a few tricks that need a responsive yoyo and I guess its nice to have it snap back to your hand after doing a trick. (I can bind btw :wink:)
Now I don’t like to blame my tools as any tradesman says, but I think I need a better responsive yoyo.

So thanks in advance for your suggestions

PS. I have read some of the older posts about responsive yoyos

2 Likes

Hey! What are you looking to do? If you wanna do looping tricks, it would probably be worth buying a looping yoyo like the Loop720. If you’re looking at stalls, etc then I’d probably look at a fixie or something like that (I know there are people on the forum who could give you some awesome recommendations). If you just wanna mess around with a responsive throw for regular 1A something like the First Base would probably do you, or something like the Alleycat or Deep State if you want slimline responsive.

1 Like

At the moment I’m just looking to mess around with a responsive throw.
Think I’ll pass on anything slimline.
As I’m still a noob, a decent catching area would be good.

Based on your current skill level - you would probably LOVE the NEO by Throw Revolution - its a remarkable long spinning yoyo that still returns with a tug:

We also have new colors of the ARROW from YoYoFactory coming this week and they have really improved it making it super snappy responsive (and then you can upgrade the bearing) - its great for learning basic responsive tricks:

The Replay would also be a great choice:

And then as mentioned the Alley Cat or Deep State also are great - but metal so it depends if you wanted to go that direction in responsive yoyos right now!

4 Likes

Thanks for your suggestions Nonja and André.
I’m gonna go with the replay, as I’ve kinda looked at it before and it’s similar to the n12.

If I did want the replay to play unresponsive (later), would the unused unresponsive bearing from my YYF One fit ?
No worries if not, just a thought.

1 Like

Yeah, they both use the same size unresponsive bearing, size C

1 Like

good to know, thanks

1 Like