What yo-yo should I get

I want to get a new throw that will probably be used mostly for on string tricks. If you have any recommendations I will take them. Thanks!

I’d recommend getting a responsive replay and learn the basics, and how to bind.

then when you start getting to advance stuff and feel like you have binding down you should get a silenus.

While I haven’t used a replay, a good number of people recommend it for a first yoyo, and you won’t feel bad if you damage it by accident because it’s so inexpensive. it offers a wide catch zone so you don’t feel like you need to be super precise with getting it on the string.

I do own the silenus and it quite frankly feels like a much more expensive throw at 30 dollars it’s a steal, and a great unresponsive yo-yo. It’s very fun, easy to play with, large catch zone and, it’s inexpensive because it’s never a matter of if you’re going to ding your throw, but when and this won’t hurt your wallet so much when you do.

1 Like

It depends on what yoyo you want. If you want a responsive throw, I would also recommend the Replay. If you want an unresponsive plastic yoyo, get the Wedge. An unresponsive metal one could be the Shutter. I don’t know, guess I just really like yyf.

1 Like

I mean they’re the best company with so many entry level throws so it’s hard to not recommend them, especially when a lot of stuff of theirs is good.

I can do binds and simple on string tricks and I have a shutter wide angle so I will probably go for the end or Silenus

2 Likes

Silenus is an awesome yoyo and will always be in my top 5. If someone gave me one and told me it cost $150 I would not blink.

3 Likes

Honestly, if you are happy with the Shutter, I would go for one of these next:

• TopYo - Silenus

• Yoyofactory - Horizon

• Yoyofactory - Sugar

• Throwing Sideways - Sistine

You can find them cheap and often on the BST and they all are awesome throws.

I personally have at least one of each and would recommend any of them.

4 Likes