Cheap, Metal Yo-yo recommendation

Hey, I want to get my cousin a yo-yo! He has the civility and the replay pro and I was wondering if you guys could give me a recommendation for a good Metal, Unresponsive, 1a and under $30 yo-yo.
I have a few in mind but I wanted to see what you think.

Thanks, MJ

3 Likes

the yoyoofficer delusion is on sale at :rewind:. its only 20 usd.

3 Likes

Its $34 but the Shortcut is totally worth it

2 Likes

Top 4 metal yoyos for 30:

1. Yyfr shortcut
  2. Yyfr paragraph
  3. R2fg halbert
  4. Throwback arcade
4 Likes

Mate, buy a Spinworthy Steadfast!

At $110, is waaaaayyy cheaper than any new car out there!!

7 Likes

Thanks I will check them out!

I personally think it would be better to get them an Aoe because they are really high quality unresponsive yo-yo’s even though it is plastic. I dont have any METAL yo-yos under 30$ but I found this one on Yo-yo tricks called Origen Yoyo that may work.

3 Likes

Colossus VI Max is 31 and it’s a great yoyo. Got 2 for 3A. Annihilation mono is a bit more at 35 but I play that one a LOT.

2 Likes

This is the cheapest it gets for new and metal

4 Likes

there was cheaper: yozean destroyer mono was $6 shipped for a little bit and it’s basically just a cyber crash 1 with a reportedly not so great finish

1 Like

This one is $35 but it performs like a $60 throw. Very underrated. Highly recommend.

5 Likes

Duncan Windrunner is my favorite unresponsive cheap metal, but I do prefer the comparably priced plastic Shooting Star enough to highly recommend it.

3 Likes

Okay listen, all these recommendations are fantastic! And you can’t go wrong with any of them. I’d second any one of these comments so far. But especially the guy above who recommended the topyo colossus vimax. I’d say get that or ANY TOPYO IN THAT RANGE. In my opinion NOBODY DOES WHAT TOPYO DOES IN THE BUDGET MONOMETAL CATEGORY. Though the shortcut in paragraph are also in that same club for me. But I have four different topyos in that price, the silenus, colossus vimax, colossus 7 and. The nuitt. And all four of them are some of the smoothest yo-yos I own, and the finish on them is just next level. I can’t say enough about the topyo five cut bearing so underrated I love that thing. Get him a topyo. It feels like ur getting something wayyyy above what u paid. At least that’s been my experience.

4 Likes

Thanks for the info! I will probably get one of those!

and

Yeah, I broke the $30 rule a little, but they’re still extremely inexpensive, especially for how amazingly good they both are.

A new version of the yoyo Hydra just got released. It looks amazing. Otherwise, another good one is the top yo Colossus max or summer solstice

1 Like

Does it have to be all metal? At $28 the C3 Speedaholic XX plays better than most metals in thus price range, IMHO. Stable, powerful, finger spin cups…it’s got it all.

Just throwing that out there. Something to consider.

Enjoy the throw my friends
kgb

6 Likes

I’m just here to echo some of what’s already been said. If you can’t triple the budget and get a Steadfast, then I think it’s totally worth the extra 5 bucks for a Shortcut. Punches well above its weight.

1 Like

Probably would’ve saved me some money if I would’ve done this first. Fantastic starter through advanced throw.

2 Likes

Colossus VI hasn’t gotten any love?

1 Like