Which yoyo should I get

what is the best budget unresponsive metal yoyo

2 Likes

There are a few people who post reviews on Youtube that are really helpful. Iā€™m new to unresponsive play, but I like the Shutter pretty well. There are some inexpensive metal ones from Magic Yoyo also. I think someone who was interviewed on the yoyo podcast said they like the Hertz a lot, but my memory isnā€™t great.

by the way, make sure itā€™s on the yoyoexpert since thatā€™s where Iā€™m buying from thanks

4 Likes

Silenus is great too

1 Like

My favorite budget metals are the little fox 2 and horizon. Personally I would look into delrin options especially the dove from yoyofriends.

My view of budget yoyos would be anything below $50. With that in mind, below are my favorites. I tend to prefer yoyos that follow more modern trends meaning that everything is at least 54mm in diameter, and 45 mm in width.

A half life yoyos Evangelion.

This is a wide comfortable and catchable yoyo. It has quite a bit of float, but also maintains great stability and spin times. The downsides to this yoyo are that the gap is a little tighter than I would like it, and at least the one that I have is not dead smooth. It is acceptable but there are smoother options for the price. This is my recommendation for a budget yoyo with a lot of personality without sacrificing performance.

Aceyo Hypocrisy SE

The Hypocrisy SE is made for catchability and speed. It moves very quickly and spins long enough to be a great choice for competition play. It has a balanced weight that is slightly on the lighter end, but the yoyo is zippy not floaty. It is rather smooth but not perfectly smooth. It is quite stable but can be unforgiving if you are sloppy. Binds started off tighter than I wanted but were just right once the pads fully broke in. The break in period was pretty long though. It may be shorter for you, but I tend to frequently switch which yoyo I play with.

Topyo Silenus

The topyo silenus is the yoyo I would recommend for someone progressing through the basic trick tutorials. The silenus plays heavier than most modern yoyos but doesnā€™t feel sluggish. It is more deliberate than the other options on this list. The best quality of this yoyo is its spin time and forgivability. The weight and shape makes this yoyo spin for a very long time and it is very stable. Also, if you mess up a trick, this yoyo will resist tilt and spin loss more than most yoyos. Playing with this yoyo almost feels therapeutic. The weight is felt on the string but it is very controllable. This causes the pace of the yoyo to slow down which puts me in a state of relaxation when playing. This yoyo is also the smoothest of the 4. The binds are also great.

Unprld Recognition

This yoyo is the most expensive on this list at $45 but it is a straight up trick slayer. It is incredibly stable, agile, long spinning and catchable. It plays better than many bimetals and will take you as far as a yoyo can take you in terms of performance. It plays aggressive but controllable. You can feel the weight of the yoyo but it still is very easy to maneuver. The only downside is that it may not be considered a ā€œfunā€ yoyo because it is so performance driven.

4 Likes

thanks

I got a Horizon as my first ā€˜seriousā€™ yo-yo and I loved it, but Iā€™ve heard great things about all of the other throws mentioned here as well.

1 Like

Top Yo Silenus, Top Yo Colossus V, Top Yo impulse 2020, YYF Shutter, and YYF Horizon