First metal unresponsive yoyo recommendation

Im 14 and I just got into yoyo’s. I got a yomega raider responsive yoyo for christmas. I’ve gotten pretty good at it and i’m looking to get a unresponsive yoyo that would be good for finger tricks like DNA. Prefer not to spend more than $50 on my first metal yoyo.
Thanks for any suggestions!

1 Like

My recommendation would be:

7 Likes

Magic Yoyo YO3 hertz, its under 20 dollars and plays like a 50 dollar yoyo. Its a great first metal

3 Likes

This would be my choice too, but Cyber Crash looks great and is in stock. And…starting to feel like a broken record, but I love the TopYo Patronum and R2FG Recluse, also available here.

1 Like

There are a lot of good options. At under $50, there is a lot of yoyos that you can buy that are fantastic. If you’d like a performance beast that would make learning DNA easier, go with the UNPRLD Elevation.

Otherwise, you could take a look at these other options:

4 Likes

Go big or go home…

3 Likes

The C3 Cyber Crash was what got me hooked into the realm of metal yoyo. Especially the pink/green fade, so pretty!

That’s a bit rude he is 14.

Yoyos that are better at finger spins will have a concave bowl shape in the cup to get your finger in. So if that’s your goal then don’t get anything with a button or a spike or laser etching in the middle of the cup. So for instance the Horizon would be good for finger spins but the Sugar and Laevateinn would not.
I would recommend getting something in the $20 range like the Magicyoyo Purple Line or even a plastic yoyo like the iYoyo Shooting Star for learning on because you will beat up the first yoyo while you are learning.

2 Likes

Wow!! Thanks everybody! What good feedback!! I’m going to do some research and i’ll let you know what I end up choosing!! Thanks again!!!

I’m going with… Elevation UNPRLD!!! Thank you to everyone who helped me with this decision! I’ll keep you all updated on how its going with the new yoyo.

7 Likes

The Elevation is a great throw! Mine is on regular rotation with my AceYo Amusing and Iyoyo Iceberg. I’d also recommend the Amusing. It’s only $25 and plays exceptionally well (though arguably it’s probably tough to find something horrible). I really like the Elevation, though, and I think you’ll be happy with it! Here’s both of mine, Elevation in gold:

2 Likes

I would recommend the shutter trainer or shutter. I have it and it is my first and only metal yoyo.