Need help with a few tricks plz

Hi all,

I need help with a few tricks, I will post them in order below here.

Ripcord
The problem: when I try to make the first loop, the yoyo keeps hitting my finger. Any tips?

Boing-E Boing
The problem: when I try to bounce by the up and down motion, the yoyo keeps bouncing of off the string. Any tips?

One and a half mount
The problem: when the yoyo’s goes around my second pointer finger and I try to go in the mount, it hits the string and then bounces back instead of going into the mount. Any tips?

Thanks in advance :smiley:

Ripcord: You need to give the string a little bit of slack when you do it, like let the yoyo do kinda what it whats to do, no matter how weird it might feel to you. do you understand why Ripcord works the way it does?

Boing Boing: I couldn’t even begin to attempt to help you, it is a trick comprised of a single simple motion but you need to get comfy with the motion. Look at the trick boomerang, that is pretty much all you are doing, only with a second string on the outside to bounce it back towards you.

1.5 Mount: You need to give the string a bit of slack when it hits the string, this will cause the yoyo to go in a circular motion around your finger only threaded with that string.

I’m still a little tired, so I hope all of this helps you even a little, Good Luck and Keep Practicing, you will get it.

fo r 1and a half mount when the yoyo hits the string move the loop thet is on your left index finger up and to the right and then when the yoyo hits the string the string wont be so tight. HOpe i helped

-alex

I’m very sorry but I’m dutch and I don’t know what the word “slack” means, so basically I have no idea what you are saying.

Hope you could help me out a little bit more :smiley:

Slack mean loose, as in the opposite of tight. Or how about this let me look for a translation of Slack in Dutch. :smiley: “Verslapping” according to babelfish.yahho.com

This might help for boing-E-boing.  :wink:

This might help for Ripcord.  :wink:

Good luck! :slight_smile:

Okay, so now I have another problem.

I hit the ground a few times with my yoyo and now there a little pieces of plastic cut of the yoyo. Is it possible that that is the reason why I can’t throw a linear sleeper with it?

Thanks in advance for the help :smiley:

No, the cuts in the plastic shouldn’t affect your throw unless it’s a HUGE difference. But tiny ones just have a chance of making it off balanced.

In other words, tiny cuts will not affect your linear sleeper. Just practice holding your yoyo comfortably and practice throwing. A good way to practice is to throw the yoyo while standing on tile or a boarded floor and try to get your yoyo to line up with one of the cracks on the floor. Another is to stand as close as possible to a wall (comfortably) and line up your throw parallel to the wall.

A non-linear/straight throw can come from your wrist turning before you completely release the yoyo. I would practice throwing a sleeper and keep your palm upwards instead of turning your palm down until your sleeper is straight.