Need help on making tricks

hey so i really want to make tricks now because i have a mass amount of tricks i already know. i need help on how i can construct a good trick. im not talking competition wise, but something that plays good. i want that a-rt flow and i want some advice for that too. thanks!

2 Likes

Learning the wrist mount and the double or nothing can lead to trick innovation. I’ve experimented with those mounts and I’ve came up with a few new tricks. Chopsticks can also lead to some nice tricks.

1 Like

yea i know those and quite a few mounts already. i just want advice on where to maneuver the yoyo, what to do with the strings, should i roll or pop out of this string?, etc. thanks though!

1 Like

Question: Have you tried stringing tricks that you know together to make combos?

I suggest both. Popping the you and catching it with slack is a good one.

yea usually when i throw i just mash all the tricks i know in one throw.

Another question: How long have you been pursuing this as a serious hobby?

i usually just throw in my free time. i have school n all but its w/e. been throwing for almost a year now

2 Likes

Nice. I think learning some easy combos would be helpful to learning harder combos.

yea right now i just want my style to be simple and clean

Okay, first understand that Chuck and Jens have been doing this for several years. They are on a completely different level.

Another question: do you understand elements? Like, can you dissect tricks that you know to make or embellish other tricks?

2 Likes

yea i understand that the guys at a-rt have decades of experience altogether, and i completely respect that, but yea i can take some elements and sorta dissect them i guess. i dont really want anything that techy though

3 Likes

I get it now. You want to learn simple tech tricks. I think I know a few.

yea i just want some fun and somewhat intermediate tricks. not looking for those hard competition bangers though.

1 Like

The Wasabi GT is a good one. You can find it on Yotricks. https://youtu.be/5JLBTS0B3Lw

That’s fine. You do you.

Pro tip: Practice repeaters. You can even make up your own. Back to this in a second though.

When you’re learning a trick, you usually have to break it up into steps. The key to making your style smooth, is learn a trick, and then learn how to smooth out those transitions between each broken down step of the trick. The key is repetition, practice practice practice. That is why I suggest learning some repeaters, or make your own! Anything that you can do over and over and over during one throw will help you develop flow.

3 Likes

been following yotricks since i started. learning a few of their combos. thanks btw.

1 Like

I would say pick up a responsive yo-yo. Those really do help with the flow.

3 Likes

Good point.

1 Like

thanks for all the advice! im not really looking into competition as of now, but i just really want to treat throwing as more of a pleasure.

2 Likes