Need help on binds

My yoyos always die on returns. They barely return to my hand! How do I fix this???

Either throw harder or bind earlier. Learning to regen can really help too.

4 Likes

Also you can try to tug harder with the throw hard as the bind catches but i would focus on throwing harder. Also getting the bind to catch is the hardest part so you’re in a good spot and you will start to get a better with feel for it with practice good luck!

2 Likes

Generally for me I create a longer tail which seems to give it more to bind up on. Maybe try that?

3 Likes

Try holding the tail until you start to feel it catch. Longer tail definitely helps as well. You could also try thicker string. What kind of yoyo is it?

1 Like

It’s any type of yoyo lol. But I mainly throw an Akita

1 Like

Throw harder and/or bind earlier

1 Like

I’d just watch some “how to bind” videos and see what they’re doing different. If you want good feedback, post a video or two of the problem and people here will definitely help. My third post on this forum was asking for help with binding actually and @ChrisFrancz posted a video of a basic bind there that was helpful.

4 Likes

But they do return to your hand?

1 Like

Thats a nice yoyo. Id do what Jordan said and post a video. It’s hard to pinpoint without seeing. When I was learning to bind I saw a video that mentioned how you can kinda feel the response start to engage when your pinching it. That really helped me out.

1 Like