My YYR experience

With the new drop of the chopsticks gorilla, I decided to pull the trigger and finally get myself a YYR. I’ve always wanted to try one, but dang are they pricey. Well, I had some extra money stashed away and figured now is as good a time as any.

Package arrived today and I was super excited. The yoyo comes in a neat box. Finish is smooth and feels high quality. The gorilla is smaller then most of my other throws, but it doesn’t bother me. It feels really comfortable in the hand.

So… I gave it a toss and immediately fell in love. After only one throw, I went online and ordered an invaders must die (wanted a draupnir but you all know how quickly those get snatched up). I’ve been playing with my gorilla all day (not a metaphor lol) and although it’s still early, YYR is my new favorite company which is pretty dangerous considering the wallet devouring nature of those throws.

So to prevent this post from just being me rambling nonsensically, I’ll ask a question. Do any of you have a company that you fell in love with the first time you picked up one of their yoyos?

13 Likes

Yoyo jam

3 Likes

One Drop.

5 Likes

That would have been buzz on for me back in the day. Glad you enjoy your gorilla, be careful though that YYR bug can hit the wallet hard lol

2 Likes

One drop is now my second favorite company haha. Wish they made more styles of bearings, but let’s not beat that dead horse anymore.

3 Likes

Topyo.

3 Likes

Turning Point

3 Likes

Don’t tempt this guy, those throws are dangerous…ly good

2 Likes

Japan Technology.

4 Likes

lol…this is true.

2 Likes

Have you tried the Shaqshine FG?

2 Likes

A-RT.

It was love at first throw. Grail is my first A-RT btw :heart:

1 Like

Not yet, unfortunately. But I’d certainly love to try one at some point.

2 Likes

I agree yoyo rec is amazing I have the anomaly and inevitable. They are my top two for sure.

1 Like

C3yoyodesign. You’ll find that the Japanese reallllllly know what they are doing when it comes to making yoyos.

3 Likes

C3 is from HK I believe…

5 Likes

Thanks for the correction! I was speaking more about YYR with the Japanese part but you’re totally right.

3 Likes

Hey @CondorThrows, maybe pictures or videos? I’m saving for this throw as well, but I dont know if I have enought time until it’s gone :frowning:

Also with @zslane on this, my first OD was a OG kuntosh, just love it.

1 Like

If you think YYR is dangerous to your wallet dont try a turning point yoyo XD

6 Likes

HAHA