Favorite yo-yo?

Hey guys - just wanted to know what everybody’s favorite throw was! I really like my One Drop Nitro.

7 Likes

My fav of all is Yoyojam Kickside.
Well, the story is a little long, but I think it’s worth sharing here.

When I was around 11~12 years old, I already had more or less 1 year that I knew this hobby/sport. I had two yoyos that were manufactured here in Brazil, and they cost around $5, and they were bearing butterfly too. It’s called Vulto Saga (in which it took me a long time to buy them, and I only bought the second one because the first one ruined the spacer, which was directly in the plastic, and mainly because I was still a kid at the time, I got one of them for a birthday, and another one at Christmas as a gift).

Just when the year of this time turned, which if I’m not mistaken was 2009, my father was always self-employed, and the area in which he works, dropped by 90% of the service he had, and it was like this around 2~ 3 years, until over time, it managed to restructure itself.

However, in the meantime of 3 years, we had several months when we didn’t have money to pay the water bills, electricity etc and we needed help from family, friends, etc. Soon, I found a way to try to help around the house: selling fixed-axis yo-yos during recess at my public school where I studied. I took some change from my father, and I promised him that I would return them as soon as I managed to resell the yoyos that I was going to buy with that money, and it was done.

In a week, I returned the money to him, and I was buying yoyos again with the profit, and reselling them for 1 year or more. The money left over after I bought back to sell more, I helped my parents, and the small amount left over (around $0.50 per week switching from my country’s currency to the dollar) I saved for a long time, until I managed to buy a Yoyojam Kickside, which has always wanted to have it because I thought it was wide, round and beautiful.

I went to the lan house, because there was internet there, and I finally bought it.
I remember every second of the moment when it came to me, me shaking like hell and scared of it falling to the ground, and admiring it for hours after school, and playing it.
And so, I managed to buy a Yoyojam Speedmaker and an X-convict yoyojam as well doing what I did to buy Kickside: reselling fixed axle yoyos :smiley:

Tough times, but that marked me in the best and most positive way possible.
Sorry for the mistakes, I’m still practicing English :slight_smile:

Photo of my biggest baby.

24 Likes

Easy one for me ZGRT El Mijo.
I have been playing it daily, since I got it, 11 months ago.

8 Likes

Just got it back out today and sang its praises in another thread—Yoyofactory iQ.

13 Likes

It’s a tie for me between the Mantra and 5 Star.

4 Likes

ACRO is still my all time favorite hands down, the profile shape and weight is almost perfect for me.

10 Likes

12 Likes

TiVayder

11 Likes

GTR-JS for performance, Panorama for fun/chill vibes

And a list of my all time favorites

18 Likes

Kinetic, Perpetual, Centrifugal - all Motion :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Banshee 22. Before it, I had a handful that I put as my favorites. This thing just speaks to what I want from a yoyo these days.

5 Likes

Wow! Must be good.

2 Likes

Yes, I hear good things about those.

3 Likes

Nice!

3 Likes

That GTR-JS looks quite sharp!

3 Likes

Cool!

2 Likes

Wow, impressive-looking…

2 Likes

Cool, it’s hard finding a throw that you really like.

3 Likes

Nice, sometimes I can’t decide either.

2 Likes

My favorite wooden yoyo is an unresponsive made by Spinworthy out of purple heart wood.

My favorite metal is the General yo 5 star.

Between the two the wooden one is my favorite. I have come to find out I may be in the minority on wooden unresponsive yoyos. They have some vibe to them, but this one is minimal on vibe and not a bother.

11 Likes