My Issue With G2

Jake can smear himself with his actions. When companies and entities try to treat people like this it is up to us to let the public know about it.

1 Like

A business using F&F is inappropriate. It’s one thing for private parties to agree on using it…

2 Likes

I don’t see an issue using F&F. Both parties agree by definition. The nature of their relationship is not as relevant as PayPal’s branding may imply.

4 Likes

Jake makes very small batch throws, I understand why there would be no refund. Also- if it was so urgent why did you want a month to follow up?

Also - I have had nothing but PHENOMENAL service from them. If I have an issue I’ve always had a response within a few hours. But I also have used Instagram, I’m sure it’s hard for him to keep track over the tons of multimedia platforms he uses.

6 Likes

I am a General Manager for a small Buisness.

We require 50% Down Payment to Pay For and Physically order the “Thing” for our customers.

A lot of times, this 50% doesnt cover the full cost of the thing, and we are “investing” in the job as well.

Cash flow will not happen until the “Thing” is received and installed for the customer.

In our case, we cant just “Refund” the down payment, as the customer money and our own have been spent.

I am sure everything will work out. Small businesses can not take slander like this.

But, small businesses also dont have the Cash Flow or Inventory to immediately respond to issues like this.

Patients, unfortunately will be the key. Unless, as mentioned, you are able to sell your Spot.

Good luck.

9 Likes

I lost my job and can’t pay it, just seemed like they were willing to just keep my money and eventually sell it to someone else and not refund me then. I have asked around if people want it. I’ve pretty much sold all my throws and the rest are on eBay.

I dont see an issue with this as it lowers the cost, I do think both options should always be given though.

1 Like

This is a assumption.

I am compassionate to your situation.

But the fact remains that the transaction is still active. The items have not been received.

I am sure a amicable solution will be found.

Have you “emailed” Mr. Jake (Link Above)?

2 Likes

Can you pm me the color you chose and how much the deposit was?

5 Likes
8 Likes

This is essentially my understanding of how they work, and i understand why.

2 Likes

Yes but when it’s a small business making something that the larger market would never make they wouldn’t get a traditional loan anyway. Pre order in this case seems fair to get a thing that would otherwise not get produced.

Similarly. That’s how most of your construction and contractor work happens half now half at project finish or a down payment heck we even throw a percentage at new homes. What makes this so much worse?

6 Likes

I’ll admit I am in freakout mode since my job so I could have handled it different. I admit that. But I just wish instead of him saying what he did and then not responding, they could have said hey sorry for the situation, heres the g2 email and we can work it out. Saying the email upfront and working a solution instead of leaving it hanging. Thats what I mean.

Which state is G2 based out of? Depending on the state, you may be entitled to a refund if there was no return policy stated.

Eg: Refund Policies and Restocking Fees - Ohio Attorney General Dave Yost

4 Likes

He can sell his spot. To me.

15 Likes

Honestly what I read from this is a lack of adequate communication from both parties, with an emphasis on poor communication from Jake’s side. As a business owner, he is obligated to represent his business in the best way possible and by waiting as long as he did to respond, and additionally responding in the way he did, he missed out on an opportunity to provide the best experience or resolve possible.

Was it bad? Objectively no, subjectively, maybe. But that might just be how he chooses to do business. I disagree with it, but others might not, hence the subjectively tag here.

In terms of a refund? If ‘no refunds’ was not stated, then I would jump to the precedent that he has set for the rest of his sales which is “if you don’t like it, send it back for a full refund”. That to me should be upheld here.

This is G2, everyone… it’s not exactly a small brand anymore. All of his throws WILL sell out EVERY TIME. It’s a proven business model. This extra throw WILL sell and he would basically be pocketing the deposit as a result. Is that right? In MY OPINION, no. But does that mean that he should refund prior to the throws being machined/completed? Gray area. I don’t know. As a small manufacturer myself, I would eat the costs and bend over to keep my customers happy, but I’m also super young and not established as G2 is. It’s difficult.

Overall I think this whole thing should have gone down differently from the start. Who is to blame for that? I can’t say, but I think both parties probably could have communicated better.

4 Likes

Jake has two children and other responsibilities that I believe warrant him being unable to keep up with his Facebook messages all the time. We all have other responsibilities and things that keep us from being able to be there mentally in all situations.

Neither deserves to burn at the stake, just sell me the preorder :joy::joy:

6 Likes

I think he’s up to 3 or 4 kiddos now? And he’s on discord literally every day. He can check Facebook. It’s literally one click on the mouse, not terribly difficult :rofl:

I said literally twice. I literally said literally twice. I literally need to stop using this word.

Literally.

2 Likes

Matt saving the day! Yeah dude.

4 Likes

i know I personally don’t see some messages on both platforms. Email is the best bet to get ahold of him though, as I usually get a response the same day or next day.

I’d still love to know the color you chose though, as I hope its one I find sexy. TiPelican sounds sexy enough.

3 Likes