Scammed. what should i do?

i bought an inevitable for $160 shipped from a country that lies next to mine. they told me it was brand new but what i received was vibey, i cant tune it though im super good at tuning. bearing was replaced, ano flaws, few scratches near the hub.

Did you use PayPal? If you paid using the “Goods and Services” method (which you should ALWAYS do on a BST transaction), you can file a claim and likely get your money back. If you didn’t use Paypal G+S, let this be a lesson to only use that payment method moving forward in any future transactions.

Also, was the transaction made here on YYE or on a FB BST (or elsewhere?) If you know their name/username/handle please state it here and ideally put it in the title so no one else gets ripped off by them as well.

Best of luck.

5 Likes

thankyou! i used g n s. im thinking about sending it back but im cramming for gsce next 2 weeks so it’s quite annoying thinking about it and get out to do the shippng atm. he’s not on yyef but he’s on bst and he sold good stuffs. mine actually was from his friend and he managed all the deal. maybe im not putting his name here yet

Why would you send it back? Then you’ll be out the yoyo AND the $160 you paid. Don’t do that. Just file a dispute with PayPal (and thank yourself for using G+S), get your money back, keep the yoyo and don’t deal with that dude ever again. The guy scammed you, and you acknowledged you got scammed - why not put his name out there and protect other buyers? Strange.

4 Likes

oh i just feel bad for him but i agree with you.

1 Like

you guys are plotting to scam a company, if you dont like goods just send it back and refund it…

2 Likes

of course everything will be decided with the seller’s aggreement dude. im even waiting for his replies

Aight, let us know what happens, if they dont want to refund the purchase you can open a dispute with paypal within 3 months of the purchase if im not mistaken

1 Like

Alright he aggreed to do 30% refund. Thats fair enough isnt it guys?

2 Likes

That is fair. It could have been a mistake, sometimes stuff gets weird in shipping with expansion of bearings due to temperature changes. It’s also difficult to gauge what one person considers vibey, but another person could consider to be fairly smooth.

It seems like the guy is trying to do the right thing for you and you should accept the 30% refund or send it back to him and get your $160 back.

6 Likes

he packed well. after constant proof and suggestion, he offered 30% refund bc he didnt want me to send back the yoyo for money. at first he just wanted to give me $10 back and no more lol. i initialy tried to fix the vibe but it was too stubborn. even sent him a video. honestly money wasnt the issue but it’s about another problems with the yoyo. falsely stated. luckily he’s admitted it now

1 Like

sounds like a similar scam that’s been going around for a while now. always someone acting as a middleman for a “friend”. I would just take the 30% refund and not trade with them again

3 Likes

If you’re sure it’s a scam dont settle for 30% and just open a dispute on paypal. Use the mails as proof.

3 Likes

30% seems reasonable if you’re happy keeping it at that price. Otherwise file a PayPal dispute and send the yoyo back once you get your money refunded.

5 Likes

at least he didnt run away. im good with a 30% refund then. it’s much less to do. Thank you all for giving advices.

4 Likes