As I mentioned in a previous thread I’ve been using a single yoyo for the past several months. What started as an unplanned three week session has continued until today. That thread is linked below:
Continuing the discussion from 3 weeks on one yoyo hard to believe:
I have never played the same yoyo for any real duration of time, other than when I was like five or six. I’ve always just had yoyos strategically positioned throughout my world that I can just pick up and play whenever I like.
There were some discoveries I did make by using the same yoyo daily:
- I actually had to carry it with me or remember where I had put it. I didn’t find this terrible but it wasn’t as nice as just playing what ever was close.
- I can now actually notice when a bearing is concave. In the past I wouldn’t say that. However, centering bearing or flat still doesn’t really matter to me, I can just feel the difference now.
- Even though I was pushing my skills my practice became more relaxed and felt that my progess was a bit quicker. I tend to go much to fast on whips and certain pops, in fact so fast that sometimes I can’t even see what’s happening or pull a new string to hard and break it.
- I threw less often durring the day. I would get distracted by other things when I went to get the yoyo.
- I looked at the yoyo less when yoyoing and focused more on the strings.
- I really enjoyed it, until I didn’t!
It’s time to now play all the other yoyos that have been waiting to spin!
If I competed I would probably pick a single yoyo and use it but that’s not me so it’s time to step back up to the yoyo smorgasbord of life and enjoy all the flavor!