3 weeks on one yoyo hard to believe

I always find it interesting when I break habits without thought. Three weeks ago I received a new yoyo in the mail, a replacement for a yoyo that I had given away years ago. Yep the Dif-e-yo Over haul.

I have yoyos laying around everywhere! I never need to take more than a few steps and a yoyo is in reach, plus strings. When I decide I feel like yoyoing, I just grab what’s closest and have at it. I’ve done this forever. That has stopped over the last three weeks. I actually will walk through the house to pick up the Over Haul!

Oh well guess I’ll go yoyo……….where’s that Dif …………it’s so much fun!

26 Likes

I would not get away with this! My wife is not a fan of me “leaving my toys laying everywhere” lol.

6 Likes

The yoyos are not always in sight but they’re there and besides, I yoyoed way before I met my wife. I’m pretty sure she understood the skitrz/yoyo thing way in advance!

3 Likes

But if you establish a dedicated kitchen, living room, bedroom, etc throw, then they’re always exactly where they’re supposed to be!

3 Likes

This… this is genius!

2 Likes

At YYE genius is all we do! :rofl: :+1:

3 Likes

A little over five weeks now and…I haven’t touched another yoyo. This is weird! :exploding_head:

5 Likes

I go through stages. I can’t really leave yoyos out due my cats obsession with knocking them on the floor and playing with them, so I usually just keep 1 out at a time. And then, mostly due to laziness, I’ll keep that throw out for months lol
Last couple weeks has been the TiVayder, before that it was the Death Adder for about 4 months

5 Likes

Yeah, wait until your kid starts running around.

2 Likes

Kids? Who needs kids! If you want kids around, parents will loan them out and even pay you to take them for a while. :smiley:

6 Likes

Wow! Two plus months and still just playing the Overhaul! Crazy, just crazy!

5 Likes

Tomorrow will officially make it 3 months of playing just this one yoyo. I’m not trying for a record, just playing what I’m enjoying the most at the moment.

8 Likes

Almost four months on just this yoyo. It’s been really fun but I’m not that guy that just plays one yoyo. I’m not that guy that plays just one yoyo for an entire day. It’s been a good run but I think it’s time, time to let some other yoyos shine.

Actually, I just can’t believe that I’ve enjoyed a single yoyo, the overhaul, for almost four months! Awesome yoyo!

Now what should I pick up tonight? hmmmm :smiley:

4 Likes

Pick one and post a photo! There might be snow on the ground before you have to decide on another yoyo to pick up!

4 Likes

I was just thinking that I haven’t bought a yoyo for 1/3 of a year! HOLLY MOLLY!!! I might have to buy something but…I’m looking at a new bike at the moment soo. Decisions, decisions, decisions!

@ChrisFrancz Just got a new phone so I guess I should use the camera once and post. I’ll try.

3 Likes

How do you like the throw best? No rings? Partially loaded? Fully? Or do you mix it up?

Initially, I mixed it up, a lot! The more I played it the fewer rings I used until I wasn’t using any at all. I play it without rings most of the time now.

1 Like

Right on. That’s one of the things I like about the tank - it’s basically 2 different yoyos. With wide load, you basically have your choice of 4. FWIW, I lean toward empty tank.

2 Likes

So what yoyo am I playing? Well for some reason, that I really can’t explain I’m still rocking the Overhaul! I don’t know why exactly, I even placed it amongst other yoyos. It’s just the one I pick up. I’m not going to fight it, when I’m ready it will happen lol.

@Dif-e-Yo, great yoyo and it’s given me a great deal of joy. Thanks!

5 Likes