Musicians Unite!

Good job Chris. Have you chosen on an enclosure

2 Likes

Thanks! I have a kooky idea so I’ll keep it a surprise. Hoping to get a full proto done tomorrow.

3 Likes

I play oud which is middle eastern instrument

And i play guitar

9 Likes

Love that oud!

2 Likes

Thanks. But which one

The one with the angled headstock.

1 Like

Proto 2 (1 was in a Custom Yoyo can and worked easy and great)

It didn’t work! Lol. Had to take it apart and was angry so I did it violently. A couple words came off the little board and there was stuffing in the output jack.
Proto 2.1 (which is just proto 2 after some battlefield sutures.

Works great and picks up a local radio station!

Next few will have jacks toward the equator, switch in top, and eyes.

5 Likes

Man, you gotta let us know when you decide to sell some of these. :face_holding_back_tears:

3 Likes

I’m flattered! Maybe after I practice on my friends I’ll see what you have for trade!

2 Likes

Excellent and I vote for eyes :grin:

1 Like

Proto V3! If you squeeze it, it kinda stops working :grimacing:.

2 Likes

It has a built-in mute switch when you squeeze it. That’s a design feature and a selling point. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I think I’m going to abandon the amigurumi enclosure for some kind of stupid toy I find at a dollar store. Not having a solid place to mount the little board and I/O is a problem I’m not smart/patient enough to solve.

2 Likes

I grew up in a musically inclined family with a dad who was a full time musician/bassist and in later years a sound engineer til he retired. I gave up formal music lessons when I was 9 and just hated learning the organ. Few years later, I learnt to play drums on my own when the studio he worked had a Roland TD-7 drumkit. Since then I’ve found drumming to be my thing and have been playing since in church, bands and now to myself at home :blush:

9 Likes

I would enjoy a kit like that!!! Very nice!

3 Likes

Thank you!! I would be enjoying it a lot too if I wasn’t so distracted with yoyo’s lately lol :slight_smile:

Don’t give up. It’s so cool.

What about I 3D print you some spheres that you can put the guts in and then put that inside your amigurimi?

4 Likes

Well I appreciate the encouragement! I really only need like a 1x1x2" box to shove in there and the foresight to use longer wire lengths haha. But here’s the FuzzBoat and Fuzz-a-Saurus!

5 Likes

Hahaha. thats great. :sunglasses:

Now we need to see all these mounted to pedal board! :metal:

4 Likes

As much as I’d like to do that, putting two of these in series sounds just awful. I’m going to try and find some sub-1k potentiometers to replace the trim pots on the little board so I can have two together in one… box? ball? boat?

Also they have no bypass, so it’s either on all the way, or nothing.

1 Like